We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai Tattoo

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scarborough
Level Contributor
105 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Thai Tattoo

I'm going to Patong soon and am wanting a thai tattoo, i want my Date of Birth on my shoulder which is 11-4-1966 please can someone translate to thai, and point me in way of a good tattooist and give me rough idea of how much to pay

Many Thanks in advance

perth
Destination Expert
for Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai Tattoo

Hi

Do you want the number in Thai writing or just the date and year ?

You could write ..

11 - เมษายน - 2509

สิบเอ็ด - เมษายน - สองพันห้าร้อยเก้า

11(in Thai number - เมษายน - 2509 (in Thai number )

Note: The tattooist should knowing how to write Thai number. Unfortunately my keyboards can't.

Cheers,

Khon Kaen, Thailand
Level Contributor
375 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai Tattoo

Right now it is the year 2557 in Thailand. So, that would mean you were born in 2509. Doing your date in the Thai year with Thai numerals is ๑๑/๔/๒๕๐๙

If you want to use the western calendar year of 1966 is ๑๑/๔/๑๙๖๖

And, I almost always see dates with slashes as I have used above.

Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai Tattoo

I had a tattoo done at Siam Ink. They were very professional and I would definitely recommend them. I think the price was 3000 baht an hour.

Edited: 07 April 2014, 04:45
Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
349 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai Tattoo

Hi,

Hubby and me got our tatto at Micro Tattoo (soi sansabai next to wicked bar) and Mix (081 724 8277 microtattoo3@hotmail.com)

It's sort of continuation of Bangla Road, and Mix is very talented!

He doesn't overcharge, he charged us less than half what Celebrity asked for the same tattoo.

He is thai and he speaks good english so im sure he will be able to translate the dates, and show you options so you can choose it.

Scarborough
Level Contributor
105 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thai Tattoo

Many thanks for all your replies, I like the idea of the slashes to break up the numbers and will definetly go see micro tattooist fora quote

Thanks again

6. Re: Thai Tattoo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 06:17