We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Charm Resort at Patong is not ready yet!

Singapore
Level Contributor
149 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
The Charm Resort at Patong is not ready yet!

Please take note for all bookings of The Charm Resort at Patong beach. It is still under construction. Luckily I emailed the hotel management otherwise no one inform me about these. I guessed another few more months or so then ready for opening.I have booked the hotel from 11 - 15 May and now has problem to cancel & refund as I booked under special rate nor any confirmation from the service provider to re-book another hotel for me!I am really getting frustrated as I have already fully paid the room.Until now still waiting for reply. Spoil my mood!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Charm Resort at Patong is not ready yet!

So who accepted a booking for the hotel before it is open ?

Hope you can find saomewhere else, should not be a problem at that time, try some of the local Phuket specific websites also Patong Beach Hotels who are local there

Edited: 07 May 2014, 10:31
Singapore
Level Contributor
149 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Charm Resort at Patong is not ready yet!

Both the service provider and hotel accepted my booking. But I should say the service provider is horrible. I went through some much hassle & anger trying to explain my situation.This will be my first & last time to book from them. Luckily the hotel manager was kind enough to settle everything for me as we are looking forward for this trip to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Hope everything goes well on Sunday. I shall review my stay there.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
773 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Charm Resort at Patong is not ready yet!

One of our guest emailed me yesterday and said they have been contacted by the hotel (1day before flying out from Oz) that the hotel is not ready and they have found a new hotel for them to stay in instead.

Think they need few more month to get it in to the right stage. Stay at a newly open hotel always has its "issues", I would not do it my self. I hear storys every year from our guests that have their stay in a new hotel. Believe hotel like everything else need to "be kids in beginning and go trough all the common child illness"

Edited: 09 May 2014, 02:07
4. Re: The Charm Resort at Patong is not ready yet!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 06:35
Edited: 20 May 2014, 06:35
Singapore
Level Contributor
149 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Charm Resort at Patong is not ready yet!

I am staying at The Charm Resort Phuket right now!,Woohoo and we were the first guests and the only ones at the hotel which was not open yet! Sounded creepy?? Even though work is still in progress the staffs really made an effort to let you have a good stay. The works are not noisy but more of touching up for the opening.subsequently the next day we saw more guests coming in.The rooms are partially ready and so is the Allure kitchen so fret not we still have breakfast to eat.i will upload the pictures and update more information about this wonderful hotel,

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,728 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Charm Resort at Patong is not ready yet!

Good to know it worked out.

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Charm Resort at Patong is not ready yet!

Hello,can you please update information on your stay at The Charm,as we will be staying in December and would love some updated information Thank you

8. Re: The Charm Resort at Patong is not ready yet!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 May 2014, 09:05
Singapore
Level Contributor
149 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Charm Resort at Patong is not ready yet!

Although there were some hiccups here & there but shouldn't us be more accommodating rather then no where to stay. The staffs were magnificent. Thumbs u to their effort to make guest feel at home.

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Charm Resort at Patong is not ready yet!

When will you update photos and your review?Thank you

Get answers to your questions about Patong