We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR...A quick 1 Week....

nsw
Level Contributor
482 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
JBR...A quick 1 Week....

We are Me(48),Darling Husband(48) and Miss K,(15).

Stayed the night before at Rydges Sydney Airport as we had a 6:40am flight out of Sydney.So dinner at Airport and Duty Free shopping all sorted and a nice relaxing way to start a holiday without worrying about accidents on The Freeway.....

Singapore Airlines flight over full,without 1 spare seat,we had to fly right over to Perth,waving at Mossy on the way,then straight up instead of straight up through the middle of Australia due to The Volcanic Ash erupting.Added an extra hour to trip,also had Turbulance for first three hours...

After transiting in Changi for 3 hours,collecting our bonus Changi Vouchers($40 each) we board a brand new Silk Air plane,this flight was more comfortable than SA...

Land in Phuket and walk straight up to immigration,no other planes arrived,baggage collected and outside all within 10 mins of landing....

Had to organise a taxi as pre organised driver did not show..No dramas only wasted 1 hour of our precious holiday.

Straight to Merlin Beach Resort,our home away from home......

Our week was supposed to be relaxing and recharging and we did that....

Spent most mornings by the pool after breakfast,rain normally come in around lunchtimes or early afternoons so would go into Patong then.

Massages,Pedicures,Manicures would be the order of the day then,Throw in a little bit of shopping here and there....

We got a driver on The Sunday to go to The weekend Markets,got there a bit late as we decided on the spur of the moment to go.I have never been a fan and I am still not.Daughter,Miss 15,shopped up a storm though...

Another day we got a driver to take us into Phuket Town,we love the History and architecture of the buildings here.We also went to Expo Markets,then onto Tesco Lotus.We visit Tesco every trip,Bata were having a big Sale so what's a girl to do????Buy shoes of course..

On the way back we stopped at Rich Home Decor,it was awesome...Darling Husband thought it was even better as there was a fridge full of $1 beers before he walked in....He was happy so was in a buying mood,and didn't I take advantage of it....Bought a beautiful Urn for our new Dining Table we had only bought a week before departure.Could go mad shopping in there.Would love to know how to get some large Pieces home....

We also took Miss K to Splash Jungle,was Ok for a half Day but I think she has outgrown it a little bit.Once they had done the big rides a few times the novelty soon wore off.

We went to Sabai Beach Club after the Weekend Markets,we must of gone the last night before they closed for their month holiday,so lucky we decided to do this as I would of been upset if I hadn't of had their spring rolls....

We enjoyed a great night with friends from home at No 6 on the Hill....Food,was as always,wonderful.DH had a whole fried fish in spicy sauce and Paaya Salad..he had been drooling for this meal for days and drooled for days after...

We went to Sea Hag for the first time,food was nice but basically we've crossed that off the bucket list now and wouldn't hurry back.

So basically that was our week....

On departing Phuket Airport,Immigration was chaotic,was offered to go through VIP line for 50Baht each,Best 150 Baht we have spent considering we were pushing time.....

Back to Singapore and a shocker flight home.Plane was once again packed and was so hot.I guess it didn't help all three of us sporting Sunburn and had swollen ankles from fluid retention.

Had a Schapelle moment with The Sniffer Dog at Sydney,seems like the bag I had bought must of had plant material stuffed in it....was quite amusing for My Family as Iam a goody two shoes(in their words)...

We had brought home a fair bit of food stuff and declared it all,they didn't even look at it nor the Urn which we thought would for sure be checked...

Now we have a countdown of 97 days till we are back....

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: JBR...A quick 1 Week....

I knew that was you flying over and gave you a little wave too :)

Sounds like a great relaxing week with a bit of everything thrown in....my sort of holiday too! Yes you had to get the shoes for sure.... I expect a better bag count in Sept lol

Not too long to wait which certainly helps..... 92 days (91 tomorrow) let the new countdown begin woooooo

Thanks for a great read

Cheers

Mossy :)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: JBR...A quick 1 Week....

I knew that was you flying over and gave you a little wave too :)

Sounds like a great relaxing week with a bit of everything thrown in....my sort of holiday too! Yes you had to get the shoes for sure.... I expect a better bag count in Sept lol

Not too long to wait which certainly helps..... 92 days (91 tomorrow) let the new countdown begin woooooo

Thanks for a great read

Cheers

Mossy :)

nsw
Level Contributor
482 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: JBR...A quick 1 Week....

Mossy,

Bags:4

Shoes:4......

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
5,155 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: JBR...A quick 1 Week....

Very enjoyable,thanks

Cheers Mac

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
785 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: JBR...A quick 1 Week....

Thanks for sharing your holiday.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: JBR...A quick 1 Week....

Sounds like you had a great trip! thanks for sharing

Tuross Head...
Level Contributor
159 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: JBR...A quick 1 Week....

Great JBR Sue ... Nice and relaxing . Lucky you guys ,twice this year ,unreal !

Melbourne
Level Contributor
166 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: JBR...A quick 1 Week....

Great JBR plus I'm totally jealous than you already have a short countdown until you return :-)

19. Re: JBR...A quick 1 Week....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Patong