We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with 6 month old.. take pram or not???

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
133 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling with 6 month old.. take pram or not???

Hey guys,

We are travelling with family (3 couples) to Phuket in a week’s time.

My brother has a 6 month old daughter. We will be living in the Mercure Patong and would like to know if it’s recommended to take her pram with us or we are better off buy a cheap stroller there?? We have also been considering hiring a pram in Phuket. If anyone can advise regarding how comfortable it is to take a pram around as my impression of the place is "busy" with lots of people around all the time.

Would love to find some info on this and experiences if some parent have faced similar situation??

East Victoria Park...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with 6 month old.. take pram or not???

I'm currently in patong with my 6 month old son. Take the pram!!!!! I would be lost without it. No prams to purchase here and doubt you could hire one... Well a decent one :) have fun!

Echuca
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with 6 month old.. take pram or not???

Absolutely take the pram!!!! You will be doing do much walking, you will need it! They had pranks for loan at the hotel we stayed at but they were old and dodgy! Ok for a toddler but not a baby. It's no trouble to take the pram on the plane.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
9,109 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling with 6 month old.. take pram or not???

Given the state of the pavements (and obstuctions on them) I would suggest a baby sling as more sensible than a pram or stroller

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
413 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling with 6 month old.. take pram or not???

Take one..!!! When our little one was 8 months old, we actually purchased one of those "pencil" type ones (before we left) that fold up like an umbrella..?? Really easy to carry anywhere, easy to put in a corner of a restaurant etc and easy to manoeuvre around with bub in.. Not too big n bulky for the, at times inadequate pathways..

Enjoy...

Bendigo, Victoria...
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling with 6 month old.. take pram or not???

We took a stroller - priceless! So needed - then we gifted it to a lovely Thai lady stall holder we had befriended as we didn't want to bring it back - too much shopping! ha ha

She was embarrassingly (for us) grateful so I don't think they are easy to buy over there??

Cheers

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
133 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling with 6 month old.. take pram or not???

Thanks guys,

Also another questions: Does anyone know what's the best brand of fresh milk in Thailand? Something similar to A2 or Pura here in Australia??

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling with 6 month old.. take pram or not???

Definitely take a pram. We just got back from 16nights and could not have managed without it. We also took baby slings but used the pram every time as it was too hot for the slings. Also, we flew Malaysian and they allowed us to take pram with us right to the airplane door, then stored it for us and we got it back when we exited the plane. This was especially helpful while waiting to board the flight and during the stopover we had for 3hrs in KL. So check with your airline what their pram policy is. :)

8. Re: Travelling with 6 month old.. take pram or not???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Patong