We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach chairs

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
beach chairs

hi all, been reading about sun lounges etc being removed from beach, i have never been to patong but am coming in oct staying at Burasari resort, does this mean there are no beach lounges to hire on the beach ? we just have to sit on sand? friends have also told me massages available on the beach, is this still available ? hoping all the things we have been told top look forward to havent been taken away :( thanks :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
38,948 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach chairs

Sun loungers and umbrellas have been removed from all of Phuket's beaches and vendors are no longer to hire them. Any business on the beach, restaurant, bar, massage place, shop has also been removed or told to remove voluntarily or they will be forcibly removed. What you have to look forward now are beaches largely as nature intended not with rows and rows of sun beds on them. There are still plenty of places to enjoy a massage, just not on the beach.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
4,324 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beach chairs

You will still have agood time. A Arandora said plenty of massage places, I have actually never liked massages on the beach, the comination of massage oil, sand and salt from the sea is not that pleasant. Much nicer to have has a shower and head to one of the small places on the street.

Maroochydore...
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach chairs

thanks guys, i am sure we will have a great time :) so looking forward to it. :)

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
223 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beach chairs

that s great news, do you have any idea if they would allow tourists to carry their own portable chairs with them, if yes do you know where we can get them in patong?

Echuca
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: beach chairs

People we know have just got back and said there are some lounges still on the beach? Anyone know if this is true? I believed they were all taken away?

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
223 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: beach chairs

in 14 days last year i couldn t get a front beach lounge even though i offered to pay him extra, this year i ll buy my own portable one and put in the water if i want :)

Edited: 26 July 2014, 13:32
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,948 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: beach chairs

Fiona

There may some odd places but they won't last long.

Jacoob

I understand there is nothing to prevent people bringing their own sun beds and umbrellas. There are big home furnishing stores near Central Festival, Index being one, that sell them. I'm sure they will start appearing in the markets and shops near the beaches soon. If they can't rent themk, I'm sure the Thais will sell them.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: beach chairs

yeah we just got back from patong and the chairs have been removed a order from the army but all good massages are all good and a good beach towel does the trick you will have fun in thailand the land of smiles cheers chris the first time i went there was 20 yrs ago enjoy

Toulouse, France
Level Contributor
223 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: beach chairs

lol Arandora i am sure they will find a way :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,948 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: beach chairs

There will be a boom in sales of beach towels, sun beds and beach umbrellas. Where there's a Thai there's a way! :-)