We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport transfer

Which Patong hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Topic
airport transfer

Hi, this is my 1st trip to phuket & I'll reach around 10am. Understand that booking airport transfer from airport to Patong area with Phuketshuttle.com is 750. Would it be easier & cheaper to get a taxi meter instead. i was told by my hotel front desk that it will cost mi below 500. Is it true? Pls share your thought with mi, Thks.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport transfer

I think a metered taxi costs around 600B to patong depending on where you are staying. Its a better option also because it takes you directly to where you are staying without any stops which I'm guessing the shuttle bus would have a lot.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: airport transfer

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are taxi's available at the airport at 11PM? Which one would be cheaper, taxi or airport transfer (car rental)?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,647 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport transfer

PhuketShuttle.com is a private business that operates door to door not an airport shuttle as the name might suggest. The current taxi arrangements are currently being reorganised and rnew lower rates have been proposed but no date set as far as I am aware for when they will come in. Taxis are and will continue to be avilable at 11pm.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,582 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport transfer

Hi, I pay 800 baht for my hotel to pick me up from the airport. But if it is after 8pm I have to pay 1000 baht. Taxis cost 800 last time I used them

Viv

singapore
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: airport transfer

Wat abt getting a taxi from my hotel around Patong area to the airport at 6.30am on a weekday? Will this be a challenge?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
39,647 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport transfer

Not at all.

malacca
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport transfer

Hi,

Is there any minibus from airport to Patong at 10PM?And Patong to Airport at 7am?

How long it take to travel with mini bus?

Thanks.

8. Re: airport transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Patong