We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiring a car in Rawai

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hiring a car in Rawai

Are you better off hiring a car in Rawaii instead of getting a taxi? especially if you like to shop?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hiring a car in Rawai

A car would be cheaper than other transport if you intend to travel around a bit for several days. There are some good reliable hire companies on Phuket. For a small extra cost the hire can include a driver, which would save you the hassle of being responsible for any accidents, and enable you to relax and enjoy the view while motoring.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
903 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hiring a car in Rawai

You can hire a car for as low as 500 baht a day.

But, don't get in an accident. Insurance can be a joke for some of these lower end deals.

Hopefully you are a good driver, know the (unwritten) rules here, normally drive on the left and are OK with motorbikes passing you on both sides in all kinds of traffic. (and be prepared to yield to anyone bigger than you)

Personally, I would hire a car and drive myself.

It's not for everybody though.

good luck.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hiring a car in Rawai

Thank you both for your reply. I am a very confident driver i drove around Italy and France. Bbtony, how does it work hiring a driver? Is it on a daily rate, does he/she stay with you all day? where do you go to organise this? once youare there?

Edited: 02 July 2011, 05:46
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hiring a car in Rawai

Hi,

I always hire a car and driver . If you email and tell them what you want they will give you a price. You can do day rate or half day or what ever you want. Here are a few that I have used in the past

Mr Panya panyak2009@live.com

Mr Sam siam_intouch@yahoo.com

or telephone as and when on arrival Dook 081 089 2791

also P & D Taxi 081 677 7294

I have used Dook many times in Rawai for going places as he is local and he will drive you and wait he spoke reasonable english and is a very nice person and helpfull. Just telephone when you are there tell him where you are staying and where you want to go and agree a rate. Same with P & D Taxi.

Irvine, CA
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hiring a car in Rawai

Hi,

I tried e-mailing your suggested link for car & driver but did not go through. Is the e-mail still up?

thanks!

Cape Panwa, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Krabi Town, Cape Panwa, Rawai
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hiring a car in Rawai

Hi,

I have just sent Mr Sam an email and it went through. Sometimes it takes him a few days to reply if he is busy as he quite often does homestays and is away.

If you are wanting a car and driver while there I use a tour company who offer a taxi service / car and driver very reliable run by Plah who speaks very good english telephone +66 ( 0 ) 85 184 8490 .

Julie

Irvine, CA
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hiring a car in Rawai

Hi,

Thanks for the link, it did go through!

8. Re: hiring a car in Rawai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Rawai
Recent Conversations