We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rawai or Koh Lanta

Level Contributor
32 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Rawai or Koh Lanta

I know they are most probably very different and I have stayed in Koh Lanta and loved it.... but. What are the positives and negatives. I am torn between Koh Lanta again.... but will it be the same? Or trying somewhere else like Rawai. Friends have said I wont like Phuket as its busy in Jan/Feb. I just want clean sandy beach, fishing, massage and great food and good accommodation.

I am open to any ideas on areas, I like small hotels and a few sightseeing trips. I have looked at Bamboo heaven in Rawai and stayed at long beach chalet in Koh Lanta.

Course whilst typing this I have just thought about Krabi and Koh Lanta .....................HELP I am in need of advice.

Phuket Town...
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rawai or Koh Lanta

Jan, Feb are busy time but still can get quiet area. Koh Lanta is my favorite. But Rawai is good too..ha ha. If you never been to Krabi i would recommend it is good place and convenience too. Many of small islands 10-20 min away to go for day-out.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,277 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rawai or Koh Lanta

Both will be pretty busy in Jan/Feb, but with Lanta you have over 25km of beaches to chose from, Railay although beautiful is small and packed with day trippers from Ao Nang and there's less to do in the evenings. But you could do both easily, there's a ferry from Lanta to An Nang that drops off at Railay so I'd be inclined to split your time.

Level Contributor
39,650 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rawai or Koh Lanta

I prefer Koh Lanta but I would also check out Khao Lak, quieter than Phuket but still enough to do to keep you occupied.

4. Re: Rawai or Koh Lanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Rawai
Recent Conversations
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now