We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rawai any restaurants near by

Which Rawai hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
227 reviews
Save Topic
Rawai any restaurants near by

Staying a The Happy Elephant so l would like to know if there are a few restaurants amd any 711 near this resort. I have reading posts and I was wondering if Kata would be better though it sounds very hilly.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rawai any restaurants near by

I couldn't find a Happy Elephant hotel in Rawai when I looked online. The only one is in Phuket Town, which is about 15 to 20 minutes drive from Rawai. If its the Phuket Town one then you should have plenty of shops and eateries nearby. Phuket Town is inland and not near the beach.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rawai any restaurants near by

Hi Julie ...

The map at booking.com/hotel/th/the-resort-happy-elepha… shows the Happy Elephant is close to Viset Rd in Rawai.

Regards Jeff

Edited: 30 March 2013, 23:27
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
444 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rawai any restaurants near by

Hi Bonesi

I've sent you an email with some info'

Regards Jeff

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rawai any restaurants near by

There are a few places to eat in that street Just around the curve is Hanging 'round, which is nicer than the places in the street. On Sai Yuan Road, just a bit further, you'll find quite a few other places, there is Rawai Beach close by as well.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
750 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rawai any restaurants near by

When I looked it up on this site it said Phuket Town!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rawai any restaurants near by

"When I looked it up on this site it said Phuket Town!"

Yes, when some time ago Trip Advisor decided to change the setup of the Phuket forum they forgot to ask Phuket Municipality to adapt the same changes: place Kata in Kathu, place Rawai in Phuket Town, etc. Some of these changes have been reversed but not all of them, still quite a few mistakes there.

If you notice any mistakes please report to TA.

I pass Happy Elephant every day, I live just behind it in fact, and can assure you it is in Rawai, on Soi Sai Yuan (same street as Muay Thai training).

australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rawai any restaurants near by

Thanks everyone for your help, who would rather Kata Beach instead of Rawai

australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rawai any restaurants near by

We decided on kata palm resort & spa instead in Kata, thought kata will be easier to get around to restaurants and no need for taxies

9. Re: Rawai any restaurants near by

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2014, 05:15