We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling near Rawai?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling near Rawai?

I'm staying at the Tea Tree Resort about 10 minutes from Rawai Beach, and was wondering if at this time of year it's worth bringing my snorkelling gear to get some (unguided) snorkelling in when I'm not cycling with my buddies, and where I might snorkel as Rawai is muddy (from what I've read).

Andys Scuba Diving Phuket
Water Sports, Boat Hire, Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours
Aloha Ocean Adventures
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Boat Hire, Speed Boats Tours, Day Trips
Searunner Speedboat Phuket
Boat Tours, Speed Boats Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Private Tours
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Snorkeling near Rawai?

Thank You. Highly appreciate

SG
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Snorkeling near Rawai?

Nai Harn beach is a stunning beach but absolutely pointless for snorkeling. The north part, near the rocks/side of the road near the Italian restaurant and the closed Royal Phuket Yacht club resort is just a big bunch of rocks, and therefore where there are rocks there are usually fish. But you will need to swim out a bit to get there, and over mostly a big swatch of nothing. The water is beautiful and the sand is white, which makes for terrible snorkeling when you have to swim out over large ares of it. You can also see for yourself that NOBODY rents snorkeling equipment on Nai Harn beach (all 2 KM of it), nor fins. There are massage points and umbrella/mattress rentals, and a few walking vendors, but no snorkeling stuff - that tells you something. However, Nai Harn beach is really an awesome, beautiful beach to hang out in the sun and swim. Near Rawai beach are also Ao Sane beach (it is actually two little beaches, the second Ao Sane beach is sometimes called Baan Krating beach) and Yanui beach. You can probably spend an hour or two there in terms of snorkeling, but despite all the literature, the snorkeling is generally not great. At Yanui, there is a small lump of an island less than 1 KM away, if you swim to it, there's some giant brain coral some way down that is worth a bit of a look for snorkeling. Boats do drop snorkelers and divers here (i saw three-four while there) as well. I have spent a lot of time looking over blogs and references to snorkeling in this area (Nai harn, rawai, etc) for the same reason as you and have been to all three beaches, so this is my personal experience.

13. Re: Snorkeling near Rawai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2016, 05:16