We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luggage allowance

kent england
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Topic
luggage allowance

We have been told that the luggage allowance is 15 kilos is this for all flights or just on certain airlines, also that it is possible to buy extra kilos.

Does anyone know if this is so and how much per kilo.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,546 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: luggage allowance

Hi

If it is one of the low cost carriers/No frills flights then you should be able to upgrade your luggage allowance.

If its a package holiday with a Tour operater, have a look at the website, and phone the customer service dept and ask, remember the main hold luggage maybe 15 kgs but you should be allowed your additional 5 kilos hand luggage

Which company are you travelling with?

sunbabe

selsey, west sussex
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: luggage allowance

We are travelling with Thomas Cook Airlines and our allowance is 15kgs in the hold and 5kgs hand luggage. Yes, it is possible to buy extra kilos but I am not sure of the charge.

kent england
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: luggage allowance

we are traveling with eclipse which is a part of first choice

westmidlands
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: luggage allowance

this year in jan travling with thompsons we were alowed twenty two and half kilos

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: luggage allowance

Allowence with thomascook is 15kg but you can upgrade to 20kg for the charge of £15 but this needs to be done in advance.

I flew wuth them in april & i was over by 3kg & got charged £18 (£6 a kg)....

Thomson usually allow 20kg.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: luggage allowance

same as mentioned above - we were offered with thomas cooke the option of bumping up to 20kg's each when booking, which we did, as it's cheaper than paying once you get to the airport.

Previous First Choice holidays we had 20kg's each but I think that's because it was a Premier holiday

England
Level Contributor
146 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: luggage allowance

we normally share a case which is 30kg max, so 15 is enough for us, but thomas cok are deff 15 this year.

8. Re: luggage allowance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet
Recent Conversations