We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hammamet for Easter

Which Hammamet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
4 posts
Save Topic
Hammamet for Easter

My wife and I are in our late 60's and take our grandaughters (two 8yrs. and one 6years) away for the Easter holidays.

We are thinking about taking them to Hammamet next year from the 5th.of April for 10 days.

A few questions;

Is it child friendly?

Will it be warm enough for swimming - hotel pool or sea?

All inclusive or half board?

Any hotel recommendations? We would be willing to pay a little extra to get a good class accomodation and good food.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,043 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hammamet for Easter

No one answered here, so I'll try to give you an idea of the place. I don't have children and I haven't been on April, but I think Tunisia is child- friendly in general. People love kids! Hammamet, and especially Yasmine Hammamet seems to be full of hotel beach parties during summer months, but it will be somehow more quiet during April. April will be OK for sunbathing, but I think will still be cold for swimming. AI or HB depends on lots of fasctors. If you plan to stay inside hotel all day, you may have to go AI. HB will suit you if you plan to walk inside Hammamet or do day trips, or if a light snac is alright for you instead of lunch.

Due to the currency, everything (except alcohol that is quite pricey,especially in hotels) is ridiculously cheap in Tunisia. You may find a 5* double hotel room (B&B)for about 100-150 TD, sometimes even (much more) cheaper! Food is cheap too!

West Sussex, England
Level Contributor
967 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hammamet for Easter

Hi,

Tunisia is very child friendly. You will find that the staff will make a lot of fuss of your grandkids.

In regards to swimming it does depend on what you class as cold. As it's the med the sea doesn't get very cold so you should be fine. The hotel pools should also be warm enough for you.

I tend to go half board as I like to eat out at lunchtimes but if your grankids like lots of ice creams and stuff and you plan on staying at the hotel alot then go AI. Everything is really cheap over there even the beer (which I love).

Hotel wise it depends what your looking for. The Royal or Sol Azurs are good hotels. They are part of a complex of 3 hotels and you can use the facilities in all of them. They are in a good location.

AI wise I guess the Phenicia is one of the best along with the Iberostar hotels in Yasmine Hammamet.

If you need any more advise just send me a privite message.

Bradford, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hammamet for Easter

Having been to Sousse previously in November (pool swimmimg ok, sunbathing 11-4 out of breeze)we are going to Hammamet in March.

Have a good look at TA resort guide and especially TA hotel reviews......I ended up with a very short shortlist of hotels!

Compared to HB all inclusive isn't that much more really, but a lot of hotels have quite short time limits on 'free' items eg drinks only free at meal times, so check.

We finally chose at the Iberostar Phonecia.

4. Re: Hammamet for Easter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 23:20
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet
Recent Conversations