We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Phenicia - advice and tips please...

Bolton, Lancs
Level Contributor
154 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Phenicia - advice and tips please...

HI all,

Due to fly out next Sunday 5th April for a 1 week beak with 3 nieces and 1 nephew, from Manchester.

Never been to Tunisa before but have stopped in a few Iberostar places in the Dom Rep.

We fly in late about 7pm I think, however I have heard times from 30 - 90 minutes transfer time?

When we arrive will the kids have time to get a bite to eat or will we end up with room service?

I notice it says in th FC brochure the mini bar is chargeable? Is this right all the other IB we have stayed in it's been part of the deal?

If anyone else has some do's and donts then please feel free to mnetion them.

Lastly we dont do trips out the kids love the pool and the wife loves reading, as for me I just do what I'm told......

Cheers in advance.

Andy

Wiltshire
Destination Expert
for Sousse, Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Phenicia - advice and tips please...

The advice on the transfer time is about right.in fact 30 minutes would be very doubtful Remember the bus has to wait for all the passengers to get aboard. The meals will be finished by the time you arrive.When you arrive at the airort I would advise that you chage a small amount of cash say£20.00 that will start you off. You can change more later in the hotel. Iam not sure about the Mini Bar charge.You could contact the hotel direct to see what food may be available when you get there.You will be after 9pm I should think.You may drop off at the Yasmine Hammamet first.

Brian

bicester
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Phenicia - advice and tips please...

hi went to the phenicia last september its a lovely hotel.the transfer is just over an and we didnt get there till 2400 but they had food waiting for us when we got their and ther was no mini bar in the room just a fridge also the food is great

Bradford, Yorkshire
Level Contributor
575 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberostar Phenicia - advice and tips please...

Just returned from this hotel and it was full, in March! but not crowded - many people were on return visits. Good choice for your laid back hol.

Transfer was a good hour.

Restaurant was closing at 22.00.

I think room service was about 2DT extra (plus tip).

We were on all inclusive, no mini bar, fridge provided. Just ask for what you want at the bar and put it in the fridge - free.

Beer is good quality, as are soft drinks (looks very like standard 'coke' brand dispenser), and local lemonade brand is good. I preferred the rose wine to the red and white.

Breakfast, main meals, snacks available from before 7am to 10pm, good selection. Plus ice creams for the kids.

Alcoholic drinks available from 10am to midnight, with good waiter service. Also a beach bar.

Spend a few coins on tips.

Have a good time, I'm sure you will

4. Re: Iberostar Phenicia - advice and tips please...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 18:21
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet
Recent Conversations