We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wines and Spirits.

Inverclyde
Level Contributor
151 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wines and Spirits.

I visited Egypt two years ago and could not drink any wines or spirits they where awfull. Can I expect them to be better in Tunisia.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Lancashire
Level Contributor
133 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wines and Spirits.

You will not have a problem in Tunisia. We have recently returned from the Riu Palace Oceana and they had a very good wine list - rose wine is fantastic. I like to drink Benadictine and was very pleased when I saw they had it in stock.

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Hotel Palace Oceana
Hotel Palace Oceana
890 Reviews
Hammamet, Tunisia
Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
803 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wines and Spirits.

We were at the Riu Park el Kebir in Hammamet. I think the Riu hotels have a good selection of drinks. Much more varied than Egypt. Tunisia, to me, did not seem to be quite so strick on the Muslims no drink policy, they have a much bigger selection of localy produced spirits. Not as good as Egypt for snorkelling though.

Mentioned in this post
Hammamet
Hammamet
Nabeul Governorate, Tunisia
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Boston, United...
Level Contributor
369 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wines and Spirits.

The wines and spiritsare in a completely different league in Tunisia to what you findin Egypt,you shouldn't have a problem.

Mentioned in this post
Tunisia
Tunisia
Africa
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
London, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wines and Spirits.

Maybe it was just the places we drank in but we found spirits extremely expensive, a vokda (40ml) and diet coke was 17 dinars in one place!

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
803 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wines and Spirits.

Thats why we always go all inclusive.

London
Level Contributor
8,866 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wines and Spirits.

Thats why we always go all inclusive. <<<<<<

And unless its a very good 5 star AI dread to think of standard of drinks served. You can get decent bottle drinkable wine for no more than 15 dinars in most hotels and cheaper in small restaurants. Imported spirits will be more expensive than local drinks - doubt very much whether many AI serve imported spirits. Also know of some AI that do not supply diet coke and coke zero etc... and you then have to purchase these at paying bar.

7. Re: Wines and Spirits.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet