We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Dar Khayam.. Any questions?

england
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Dar Khayam.. Any questions?

Just back from 7 days in Tunisia. Loved the place. If I can help, just ask. :-)

Sparky

wakefield uk
Level Contributor
237 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Dar Khayam.. Any questions?

whats the weather really like at the moment

never find weather sites very good

going in 2 weeks to hammamet

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Dar Khayam.. Any questions?

Glad you liked it Sparky :D Hope you can see now why so many of us return time and time again. Hope the staff at Dar Khayam looked after you well!

england
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Dar Khayam.. Any questions?

Weather was good for us.. 1 day overcast and rain, 3 days sunshine & some clouds & 3 days sunshine. Temps at night 8 or 9c. During the day 15c.. But they have a "sun trap" patio at the hotel..Temps got up to mid 20's out of the wind.

Hey Dragon Zest..Dar Khayam was a damn good 3* hotel...No probs with food, rooms, hot water, service.

Staff were great....

Walls a bit thin between rooms so noise did travel & over the weekend about 150 Tunisians turned up to celebrate the anniversary of the revolution..Oh Boy did they "Party"...Ended up with them all fighting each other..

Seemed like there was 1 rule for the locals & 1 for the tourists. They were smoking throughout the lobby and Bar area. Whereas we couldn't. Loads of them were taking plates of food back to their rooms from the restaraunt, we weren't allowed..

Not a good example for the management to set..But appart from that OK.

One lady was "Mugged" on the main road going to Hammamet. 100yds past the police station. walking with 2 other male tourists.

They "pepper sprayed" the guys and grabbed a couple of chains she was wearing..

Really "traumatised" the woman..Shame really as she's there for 4 weeks & now she wont leave the hotel..

Yet the wife and I were using local transport( Trains, Buses & shared Taxis ) & wandering throughout Nabuel & Hammamet, down back streets ( nothing too risky )..No probs.. Went to Sidi Jadidi had coffee by the roadside again no probs.

Will we go back ??? Damn Right we will... :-)

Loved the country.

Sparky

PS Taxi to Hammat "old Medina" 5 dinar.. lol ..Shared taxi 1dinar each. bus just over 1 dinar for the 2 of us & train 1 dinar again for the 2 of us.

Hammamet, Tunisia
Destination Expert
for Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Dar Khayam.. Any questions?

Glad you enjoyed your holiday

england
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Dar Khayam.. Any questions?

Khal it was great..

All the info & tips all you folk had given me really helped.. Fell in love with the "Railways" & Nabuel was our favorite. Next time we're going further afield.

But for a first time we managed to get alot of "wandering" done..

Sparky

Edited: 16 January 2012, 17:56
Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
245 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Dar Khayam.. Any questions?

Hi Sparky

Looking at this hotel for early March as there are some good deals at present. Questions are, what is the evening entertainment like and how long does the AI go on for. Actually should have asked that the other way around as once you have had enough to drink any entertainment sounds good.

Thanks for any info.

Andy

england
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from Dar Khayam.. Any questions?

Hey there

Evening entertainment is a bit like "Butlins", good fun but not "Vegas" Lol...

They entertain the kids till 9.30, then the show & finishing off wlth a disco..

https:/…ta-03f4-2b36-ed07

Short slide show of the place

Sparky

england
Level Contributor
5,656 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from Dar Khayam.. Any questions?

Not sure if the link worked

apps.facebook.com/tripwow/ta-03f4-2b36-ed07…

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
245 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from Dar Khayam.. Any questions?

Hi Sparky

Thanks for that, looks clean and friendly. Did not expect showgirls etc. although I can dream. I take it that it is the usual suspects, Fakirs and belly dancers. Still, as long as they have a disco for Sue to "boogie on down" can't be all bad.

Looking at this as an alternate to our usual haunt of Les Orangers if we can't get a good price. We are big fans of Zanzana, so to miss them whilst out there would be disappointing hence our only putting feelers out at this stage.

Once again thanks.

Andy

Edited: 18 January 2012, 18:18
warwickshire
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from Dar Khayam.. Any questions?

hi ive seen u just back from this hotel ive just a booked today to go for a week can i ask wot the food is like also state off accomadation would u say u felt safe at this hotel also with us going all inclusive wot time does the drinks stop also is it close to shops rest etc also if u have any tips for us whilst we are there we would be grateful i look forward to yr response thanks jackie

Get answers to your questions about Hammamet