We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling Alone

Which Hammamet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling Alone

It looks like I will be travelling alone to Tunisia in September :-( I haven't booked the holiday as of yet but could you all recommend a hotel and let me know about things to do whilst I am over there. Thanks

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling Alone

It would be helpful if you can be a bit more specific

What part of Tunisia are you thinking of?

Are you coming as an independant traveller or with a holiday firm?

If you are an independant traveller what kind of hotel you like and roughly what is your budget?

What are your interests and hobbies?

Are you male or female?

Answers to some of these questions would put you in the right direction to getting the right information.

Cheers

Cas

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,193 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling Alone

Panther

This site is loaded with information and tips regarding Hotels,trips, places to see (as are other holiday sites).

You have lots of time to research what you need,if you are planning on going in September.

Once you have decided where(hotel and resort )and when (month), you are going to in Tunisia.

You should then ask for more specific advice

And you will receive it

Regards.

Mick

Edited: 13 April 2012, 16:22
Cumbria
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling Alone

I am a single female also thinking of going to Tunisia in Sept. I've been looking at Hammamet/Monastir and the rates seem very reasonable.

I am used to travelling on my own and like it. I was in Port El Kantaui last year but found it rather modern amd unrepresentative hence Monastir as a choice. I am thinking of the hotel Emira which has a pool and resturant and subject to it being in easy distance from th town centre I will probably go there on the 22nd ot thereabouts depending on whether I can get that week off work.

Who knows I might see you there.

Book today for a deposit of £242.00 per person. (plus baggage)

Flights Out:

Date: Sunday 23 September 2012

Departs Manchester At 06:15

Arrives Enfidha, Tunisia At 09:30

Reference: TCX2016

Flights Back:

Date: Sunday 30 September 2012

Departs Enfidha, Tunisia At 10:45

Arrives Manchester At 14:10

Reference: TCX2017

1 Adult x £232.00

ATOL Protection Administration Fee (excluding any infants): 1 x £0.00

Flight prices include flight seat, passenger duty, fuel supplement and ticket on departure/delivery fee

Flights Total: £232.00

Your Hotel

Emira

Tunisia

1 Adult

Arriving 23 Sep 2012

1 x Half Board single

1 Adult x £102.48

Hotel Total:£102.48

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling Alone

Hi Cas and Mick. Sorry for being so vague. I'll be booking my holiday through a travel agent. I have two hotels in mind that I may stay at. I just can't decide on which one. The hotels in question is the Sentido Phenicia or the Les Orangers Beach which are both in Hammamet. I am female so realise that I may attract attention from certain men. I have previously travelled by myself so feel ok about my up and coming holiday to Tunisia. I'm looking forward to doing some good sightseeing and shopping. I've already checked out tripadvisor and other websites for what to do in Tunisia but just wanted to know what other visitors to the country suggest.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,193 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling Alone

bBarb

Could i suggest,(as i am not a single female, who may atract the attention of certain men !) that you send a personal message to the OP outlining your experiences of Tunisia last year ,and any tips that may be of help.

Panther.

The Orangers is well recommended by regulars who contribute to this forum

Mick

Edited: 13 April 2012, 18:32
leeds
Level Contributor
79 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling Alone

hi i have stayed a les orangers and it is great although you will need to get a taxi into yasmine or hammamet not a lot of money though per trip the emira i think is more central based i too am a single female traveller and have always been ok a firm polite no is all thats required i have found that the guests at the hotels i stayed at are more curious as to why im alone and a single traveller anyway have a great time im sure you will love it lara

Europe
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling Alone

>>>

I am used to travelling on my own and like it. I was in Port El Kantaui last year but found it rather modern amd unrepresentative hence Monastir as a choice. I am thinking of the hotel Emira which has a pool and resturant and subject to it being in easy distance from th town centre

<<<

To the best of my knowledge, there is no Hotel E(A)mira in Monastir, which is suiteable for tourists. You most probably refer to the Hotel Amira in Hammamet or Amir Palace in Skanes.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
239 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travelling Alone

Thanks for all your responses. Lara38, when I've previously travelled by myself, like you, I got people asking me why was I on holiday by myself. But its amazing how some of the guests invite me to spend a day with them. So I'm looking forward to making new friends whilst in Tunisia. I've read the section on things to do, which has give me further insight into Hammamet and Tunisia. I just have to find a good price with a holiday company now :-)

leeds
Level Contributor
79 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travelling Alone

hi panther rose i hope you find a great holiday and also a good price i went with a holiday company last time but when i go in may i have booked hotel and flight seperatly as i saved quite a lot of money doing it that way i havnt done it like that before so will let you know how it goes as for hotel guests like you i have had offers of the same which is nice as i love meeting new people and have kept in touch with since i got home all the best lara

Hammamet, Tunisia
Destination Expert
for Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travelling Alone

Hotel emira, is based just outside central hammamet, the hotel is o.k, very friendly staff, it also as a sister hotel which is hotel nesrine

Get answers to your questions about Hammamet
Recent Conversations