We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence De Charme Dar Hayet

Cumbria
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Residence De Charme Dar Hayet

I'm looking for cheap but clean accommodation in Tunisia - somewhere accessible to Carthage. I stayed in PEK last year and found it very artificial so would prefer a more traditional experience.

I am a 70 year old solo female traveller and also a coeliac (can't eat gluten) so I need to be able to communicate sensibly with hotel staff.

Any hints or tips?

What is Residence De Charme Dar Hayet in Hammamet (I think) like? Do you get a good choice of food?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Residence De Charme Dar Hayet

BBarb,

Carthage is in the north of Tunisia, and pretty far from Hammamet. So the question of accessibilty is is a tricky one. The nearest holiday resort to Carthage is Sidi Bou Said.

And also if you didn;t like PEK because it is artficial then you probably would't like Jasime Hammamet which is very much attached to Hammamet old town.

If you are after a beach holiday in a tradional Tunisian town I would recommend Sousse or Monastir.

Glun-free food is almost unheard of in Tunisia. In fact bread is the number one staple food and the locals always have it with thier meals. You would probably be wasting your time explanning what a coellic is to hotel staff. However they would, I'm sure, cater for any special dietary request if it si explained. But you would still have plenty of choice in your dinners with a variety of fruits, salad, fish and meat. For breakfast, opt for omellettes and salads because everyting else comes with bread or pankcakes..

As for residence De Charme Dar Hayet, I am ashamed to admit I never heard if it. But I am most certain that their hospitality would be just as a good as any others. Particulary given your maturity and wisdom.

Good luck

Cas

Hammamet, Tunisia
Destination Expert
for Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Residence De Charme Dar Hayet

cas, isn't dar hayem just outside centre hammamet, not far from central police? will have a look next time i pass, but that won't be for another week, when i get my weekly fix at the brilliant entertainment put on by shakespear bar

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Residence De Charme Dar Hayet

Khal, I think the hotel you are referring to is called Hotel Dar Hayet. The OP is aking for Residence De Charme Dar Hayet. It could have changed name

Enjoy your entertainment at the Shakespeare, luck you mate, and please say hello to Dawn and Ramzi from me.

And with apology to the OP for drifting from her topic, I will like to add that as soon as I get through my 6 weeks jaunt around Malta and Gozo, next trip you will definitely be to Tunisia (again). Likelyhood, Sidi Bou Said as I need to be nearer Tunis. But frequent commuting to Hammamet will be on the agenda and when I d oand if you want we can meet up for some serious pub crawls.

on me. I am looking to d othis around Sept/Oct. Watch this space.

Cheers mate

Cas

Hammamet, Tunisia
Destination Expert
for Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Residence De Charme Dar Hayet

your correct, on the hotel name, silly me, I will be here, be nice to meet up with you.

Hammamet, Tunisia
Destination Expert
for Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Residence De Charme Dar Hayet

just had a quick look on the map, this hotel is not far from town centre, going toward neabul, it's about 5 mins away from hotel emira, in the tourestique area

6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Residence De Charme Dar Hayet

Hello,

Did you go to residence de charma its just me and my partner has booked to go and all we have had is bad reviews? Please help

6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Residence De Charme Dar Hayet

Hello,

Did you go to residence de charma its just me and my partner has booked to go and all we have had is bad reviews? Please help

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Residence De Charme Dar Hayet

Hiya ,

want to book to stay at residence de char hayet but theres no tranfers available, anyone know how much a taxi would be from the airport to the hotel please?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Residence De Charme Dar Hayet

You didn't say which airport you will be arriving at. But in any case a taxi will cost you a fortune.

Your best bet would be to book a transfer with transfer4u.com. It is about £14 return, You will get picked up at the airport on arrival, and at the end of your stay you will get back from your hotel to the airport.

Cheers

Cas

10. Re: Residence De Charme Dar Hayet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet
Recent Conversations