We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel invaded by locals

Which Hammamet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
surrey
Level Contributor
43 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
hotel invaded by locals

I want to book this hotel (Holiday Village Manar) early August but have read reveiws about local youths taking over the hotel at certain times......How true is this and when does it occur? Thanks

Edited: 01 June 2012, 18:19
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,614 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel invaded by locals

When I come to England the hotels are mostly also invaded by locals....

East Anglia
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel invaded by locals

Do you mean local youths staying as guests at the hotel ??

Nottingham
Level Contributor
310 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel invaded by locals

Hi

We had locals at our hotel at the weekend but never bothered us. All part of the fun x

East Anglia
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel invaded by locals

Agreed Lexi ,

There were Tunisians maybe Libyans staying at our hotel no problems I think it's nice and yep it is all part of the fun :))

The hotel the OP is thinking of booking has got fantastic reviews anyway :)

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel invaded by locals

Its disgusting that Tunisians dare to go on holiday in their own country when i am there ;o)

Come on, this is rather insulting TBH. If you dont want to go when the people of that own country visit a hotel, may i suggest Butlins?

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel invaded by locals

It's all about quality, isn' it?

If you pay bottom dollar, then don't expect top dollar quality. But if you pay top dollar, then that's what you ought to get.

I would never, ever go anywhere on the cheap during a British school holiday. But on the other hand, if I paid a Queen's ransom to avoid all of that, then I'd expect to be treated like Royalty.

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel invaded by locals

One thing I did mind when Locals visited our hotel...& that was their disrespect for the hotel rules..

There is a designated smoking area. And being a smoker myself I respected the rules.. Yet the Tunisians were smoking where ever they pleased..

No meals to be taken from the restaurant. Yet they were walking out with plates piled high..

Guess it's the Tunisian way.. lol

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
176 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel invaded by locals

Hi People,

I have been reading all these comments about Locals so i Thought i had to say something being half Tunisian Half British.

You need to understand That average Tunisan people are not used to hotels and it is only in the last 10 years that this new culture started of taking a break with a family and go to the hotel. so when these people book a holiday they want to make the most of it ( when they see a buffet they want to eat everything even if they are full, kids running everywhere because they are having fun, smoking area is never accepted in Tunisia, and teenagers want to flirt with tourist.)

all this a part of the culture and Tourist needs to adapt with that after all it is their country after all when some of them come to the uk they repect your culture so please stop saying we hate locals

East Anglia
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotel invaded by locals

Well said Alex :))

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: hotel invaded by locals

Can't see where anyone has said "we hate Locals"

In fact all of the posts are Pro Tunisian..

But if someone dares to say anything that critisizes ????

Alex has inflamed what has, so far, been a civilised discussion...I suppose that's the Tunisian way as well..

Get answers to your questions about Hammamet
Recent Conversations