We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP-Anyone going to Dar Khayem

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
HELP-Anyone going to Dar Khayem

THIS IS A LONG SHOT BUT HAVE GOT TO ASK - Whilst onholiday we lost our waterproof camera. I'm not bothered about the camera but the disc as it had nearly two weeks of photos on it.

We were out in the khayak and i was passing it to my son when very irate men made us move away quickly - fair enough the boat balloon thing was near us and we were about to be decapitated. However i dropped the camera and by time we were able to get back to area i had to come back to shore. The lifeguard swam out but couldn't see it. But if you are out swimming with goggles and find it please let me know. Also ask the beach guy with the kayaks if he had it handed in or reception please.

england
Level Contributor
5,655 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP-Anyone going to Dar Khayem

Oh no..

That's really unlucky... Like you said it's a "long shot" but we'll ask next time we're there..

Apart from that.. How was your holiday? You like the Dar Khayam?

Sparky

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP-Anyone going to Dar Khayem

I had a great time and i found the staff at the hotel so nice. Hotel wasn't 5* but i knew that and wasn't expecting it to be grand but it was better than i had hoped for. Its what you make of it and we made it all count lol

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP-Anyone going to Dar Khayem

Oh Lorraine,

How unlucky. I have sent you a PM with a suggestion which may give a slight gleamer of hope of finding the camera, and most importantly to retrieve the disc.

Let's hope some honest person find it and hand back to the hotel. They can the camera, but I prey they would have some kindness to at least hand over the disc.

Fingers crossed

Cas

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP-Anyone going to Dar Khayem

Thanks mate have replied to PM - x

SouthYorkshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP-Anyone going to Dar Khayem

we go end of July so will keep eyes peeled x

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP-Anyone going to Dar Khayem

Lol You'll need your goggles lol as I dropped it in the sea not about between 10 - 15 metres out to the right of beach bar just past the katamaran guy lol. I truly thank you and all others that are trying to help.

You are a wonderful bunch of people

SouthYorkshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP-Anyone going to Dar Khayem

No problemx We're newbies to Tunisia and staying at Dar Khayem, so any advice would be most welcome. whats the food like, is there anything nearby to walk to, how long was transfer etc .. looking forward to trying Tunisia, and my little girl is very excited (just 5) as she has been learning about africa at school!!

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP-Anyone going to Dar Khayem

The food is typical of package holiday. Although a bit repetative there is variety enough to suit any taste. Both my 12 year old son and I ate vfery well every day. The best thing is they do pancakes a couple of times a week and they are yummy - as good as mine lol. If your little girl relly didn't like much the chef will try and ecomadate. The snacks is really just chips, salads and pizza but that suited us.

At the Dar Khayam, depending on fitness there isn't anything too near to walk to but it is easy to get a bus or cab. We found a lot of stuff was easy to sort out without moving from the pool area. eg camel rides, pirate ship etc. Both of which isn't too long to get to. Trandfer depends on how many hotels they have to drop off at - it took us aprox an hour.Dar Khayam is the last drop off point - but better for going home as you get to sit where you want. There is a hairdressers, phone booths, bank and shop that sells all sorts and they are so nice. When you go do say hello from us to the guys at the shop especially Sam. If you mention that I'm the one with the good boy who was always saying 'I'll Kill you'. A private joke. Your daughter will love the slide pool and beach. If you need anything (like soothing cream just ask Sam) he really is a book of knowledge. Don't be afraid to ask the locals for info as a lot of them speak french or English too.

Have a geat holiday.

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP-Anyone going to Dar Khayem

One thing I thought was quite expensive out there is inflatables. Between £6 & £ so may be worth getting one over here as it would be flat, and then leave it there.

10. Re: HELP-Anyone going to Dar Khayem

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 06:15