We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Beaches

Hi we are going to yasmine hammamet in sept and have been reading several reviews that are saying that the beaches are awful, full of camel dung, broken glass, dirty nappies etc. Is this a true reflection, there are also others that say the opposite. Im now getting worried that we have chosen the wrong holiday destination and are not going to enjoy our holiday.

Thanx

Pam

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
615 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches

hi, i went to chich khan in yasmine hammamet in june and had a great holiday, the beach was clean i think it gets dirty in the winter and they clean it at the start of the summer season. it was our 1st time to tunisa and we cant wait to go back. enjoy your holiday

Sean

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,299 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches

You make the beaches appear like a scene from Lawrence of Arabia :).

With flocks of Camels rearing along the waterfront

Its mostly not camel dung that people have seen, but a residue of plantlife from the beaches and sea.

Most hotels clean up their section of beach, or they should be doing.

Sean is correct. Over the winter months the beaches can get strewn with debris.

Slainte

Mick

Edited: 03 August 2012, 13:34
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches

Pam,

Some people tend to exaggerate a bit. Yes there is the odd litter and bit of see weed here and there but it does get cleared up.

You didn't say which hotel you will be staying at. But it is worth knowing that most hotels have their won section of the beach which they always keep clean for the guests to enjoy.

Cheers

Cas

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches

Mick,

I just noted you mentioned hotels having their section of the beach. (Sorry for repeating it )

Cheers

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,299 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches

Hi cas

Not at all .

Just keep your camels off my bit of the beach

Edited: 03 August 2012, 13:51
thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches

most hotels have part of the beach usualy the part with sunbeds and parasols but not down to the water line so you can still walk the beach if you want,

we walked from the Abu Sofiane north for a good hour along the water line passing a lot of hotels, you saw the staff cleaning and rakeing the sand in the morning, takeing pride in their little bit of soft sand,

so dont believe everthing you read,

dont get mick started on camels, he only gets the hump,

alan

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches

Hi guys thankx for your replys we are staying at the vincci flora park and like most other hotels it has its own beach. Mick I always look forward to your replys on posts some of them are so funny. Sorry if my post seemed over the top but we haven't had a holiday for a number of years and just want to get it right.

Thanx again for comments.

Pam

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,299 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches

Hi Pam.

Very nice of you to recognise that.and also express your thoughts here:)

I do tend to upset some on here.Its never vindictive, well mostly not.:

I do get on my high camel now and again. Or is that "high horse"

I would however like to believe,when asked a serious question.

i give decent and relevant advice.

What gets my "hump" though is ill advised advice from trolls giving people bad advice, like , "its ok to smoke fake cigarettes"

DONT

Slainte

Mick

Edited: 03 August 2012, 18:10
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,299 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches

vincci flora park ?

You should have told us that earlier,Pam :)

I understand that The North African Camel Riding Championships are due there in September

Should be good:)

UK
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beaches

We stayed at the Vincci Flora Park last month and went to their section of beach daily - the "H. California Beach Club".

It is a fairly small area of beach but is well maintained and clean. Never saw any rubbish on the sand. The staff were always attentive and provided sun loungers on arrival.

We did see the riding of camels and horses along the beach but no evidence of any mess left behind.

The sea water quality however was variable - clean and clear for a few days, murky with seaweed and some rubbish (plastic waste, etc.) on others.

Enjoy!

Get answers to your questions about Hammamet
Recent Conversations