We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Village: Bars, Entertainment, Nightclub?

Darley Dale, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Village: Bars, Entertainment, Nightclub?

Hi Guys!

Travelling to the Holiday Village Manar on the 17th September as a couple...anyone else going then?

We are aware this is very much a family hotel but it was the best late deal we could get with mostly positive reviews.

Despite being in our twentys we are just planning on chilling out for the week & don't normally stay up past 12am/1am normally on holiday.

Just wondered what bars offer what & what time they close?

It mentions a 'nightclub' on the first choice website...anyone been?

Some people have mentioned pool/beach parties taking place...is this weekly, what time are they on till & can you get drinks at them?

Evening entertainment...after the kids show/disco has finished what entertainment do they have & what time is this on until?

One more...are there many mozzi's in september?

Ohh...really the last one...whats the weather normally like in mid september in the day & evening?

ANY TIPS, ADVISE OR COMMENTS MUCH APPRECIATED!!

Hammamet, Tunisia
Destination Expert
for Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Village: Bars, Entertainment, Nightclub?

if you want night clubs, then stay away from the hotel one's go to proper night clubs, they not really get going till after midnight, and shut around 4 in the morning, try havana, and nero's once your in that area, there are loads of disco's in that area, enjoy your time, and happy boppin

as for mozzies there is not a real big threat even during, june, july and august, not once have i been bitten in tunisia by a mozzie, unlike kenya, when i was eaten each night, weather is still very warm.

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Village: Bars, Entertainment, Nightclub?

We are going as a couple to HV Manar, unfortunately we leave the Hotel the day before you arrive.

We thought the same as you as it was the best late deal we could get as prices shot up this year. I'm sure it will be fine there but do not agree with them charging for certain things we normally get free ie. Safe, Juice, A la Cartes as never normally pay for these on our AI's but as it was cheaper........

We went to the Marco Polo last September and had no bites or mozzie problems, didn't even see many flies.

The Weather was great late 20's early 30's in the day and cool at night. We like the climate so much we keep going back.

We were at the Riu Palace Marhaba in June where the weather was much the same as September which was just right for us.

We understand the Bars stay open until 12am at HVM which is usually enough for us.

snooks

Darley Dale, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Village: Bars, Entertainment, Nightclub?

Hi, thanks for your responces...snooky its a shame you leave the day before we arrive!

We aren't looking for wild nights out or anything so are going to stay within the hotel at night time, just wondered if anyone had visited the in hotel nightclub and if they knew what time this is open from and until and also the bars...if its 12 that shouldn't be a problem to us as we like to get up early in the morning on holiday anyway!

Thanks

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Village: Bars, Entertainment, Nightclub?

We usually fill a couple of plastic bottles with Wine and Beer during the day and put them in our fridge so you can always have a drink in your room/balcony.

Some Hotels do allow you to take bottles of wine to the room too - don't know about here though.

Even if the Bar closes at Midnight you can probably stay until you've finished the 4 drinks you ordered before closing time lol - I like to get up early anyway.

I wasn't too bothered it being a family place as they all are really, barring adults only Hotels.

We rarely watch the evening entertainment so again not a problem with us.

Been very difficult getting a late booking this year.

snooks

Edited: 24 August 2012, 10:39
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Village: Bars, Entertainment, Nightclub?

Nicola,

I have recently posted some info & tips which I hope may answered some of your questions. Please have a look at this:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…43100322

Cheers

Cas

6. Re: Holiday Village: Bars, Entertainment, Nightclub?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet
Recent Conversations