We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English bars in Hammamet

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
English bars in Hammamet

hi,

are the English bars worth a trip to at night for a change of scenery and will they be open over Xmas?

stopping in Les Orangers so what should i ask for when getting a taxi?

any advice much appreciated :-)

London
Level Contributor
8,197 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: English bars in Hammamet

There is Shakespeare - probably best known of the English bars - 20 mins plus walking distance from Orangers or all taxi drivers will know it.

Afraid its not my 'cup of tea' but if you want sports screens, drag and Brits then it fits the bill.

Not sure about opening times over Christmas but just down the road from Orangers is the excellent Italian restaurant - Da Franca and couple more local restaurants nearby.

East Anglia
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: English bars in Hammamet

Also The Steakhouse in Yasmine Hammamet is English owned , I popped in with my son on an afternoon and had a coke and a sandwich staff werent as friendly as I hoped but maybe because they were carving pumpkins for Halloween :)

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: English bars in Hammamet

cheers, Stevie & Wanderin, lets see how much i need to get away from the 'entertainment' ;-)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: English bars in Hammamet

Just 50 yards from the Shakespeare there is the Cheers pub. It is a proprer pub but mainly frequented by young locals. Any tourists who go there are from the adjoining Bel Air hotel.

Cas

Hammam Sousse...
Level Contributor
280 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: English bars in Hammamet

The View - is a great place. Good food and drinks they have Karaoke and sports nights if that's what your looking for - owned by English..

It's above the white room at the end of the strip at Yaz/Hammamet

Morley
Level Contributor
18 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: English bars in Hammamet

We called in to the Shakespeare last April, just to see what it was like. We went on late afternoon after walking up the beach from the Orangers. It was open but empty. Not surprising really as it does it's main trade on an evening with food and a Friday drag act.

Cost 6TD for a 400ml glass of beer. It was on twofers, but even then paying almost £2.00 per pint for the same beer as at the Orangers seemed expensive to me. Also, as another poster has mentioned, there are numerous screens showing football. OK if you're a football fan, but there is a TV at Orangers, better bar service, and no additional cost.

We didn't bother to go back, but each to his own. Some others we spoke to had been for the Friday drag act and had a really good night, but they did mention the price of the beer - but what do you expect from Yorkshiremen?

7. Re: English bars in Hammamet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 December 2012, 02:54
8. Re: English bars in Hammamet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 08:16