We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday village manar

Which Hammamet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Snodland, England...
2 posts
Save Topic
holiday village manar

Hi me and my family (3 year old son) have just booked a holiday to the above hotel for the 2nd of june 2013 and have done some googling and have got a concern about all the back feedback im seeing in tunisia at the mooment?

Is hammamet really unsafe at the moment as everyone keeps telling me now? im just concerned for my son.

Any help/advice will be great

Were staying here for 2 weeks and are expecting to do alot of excursions

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday village manar

Kelly

Right now there isn't any officail advice from Foreign and Common Wealth agains traveliing to Tunisia.

There were protests las weet week when a political incident occurred. But those protests were mainly in the capital city of Tunis miles away from toursitique resorts in the south of the country.

Even at the hight of troubles of a couple years ago, touristique areas were not much affected, and security was tight.

So be optomistic and start looking forward to your holiday in June. The only thing that you may need worrying about is the intense heat. June is historically a hot month in Tunisia.

Cheers

Cas

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,201 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday village manar

Kelly

I have been to Tunisia 6 times in the last 2 years or so .

Not had any issues of feeling concerned about our safety

Advice in previous post (cas) I would agree with.

Enjoy your stay

Just do as you would do anywhere on a holiday

Be sensible, be aware, dont get too drunk,and have fun!

Hammamet, Tunisia
Destination Expert
for Tunisia
Level Contributor
1,218 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday village manar

i was talking to my friend last night, he is in hammamet at the moment been there for 5 week's, an everything is normal.

Edited: 11 February 2013, 17:49
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday village manar

@Cas<<< But those protests were mainly in the capital city of Tunis miles away from toursitique resorts in the south of the country.>>>

This is an on-the-spot posting by mona-isabella, who was in NABEUL on Friday...

"Update: Tried to take the train to the touristy Nabuel today...... trains not running. Taxi took me there, however the museum I wanted to visit was closed. Told driver to drop me off by the souk & pick me up later, he cautioned me to be careful & said the souk itself was closed. Immediately noticed a lot of young men were milling around on the Ave. Habib Bourguiba -maybe 200 or so. Within minutes they started shouting & running away from the souk. Then the police came running after them with billy clubs, some of them on motorcycles. I ducked into a side street walking fast like I knew where I was going. My worried young taxi driver kept circling the central part of town & swung back to pick me up. On the way out we could see that all of the shops were closed close to the central area. Further away from Habib Bourguiba there were still people in cafes, a few shops open. I was surpised that Nabuel would be so exciting today :-) Taxi driver said the news is reporting protests & general unrest all throughout Tunisia at the moment."

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,201 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday village manar

Kelly

Do not take to much notice of the previous post in relation to your visit.

Certainly dont let it scare you.

Protests did take place against the govt last Friday,the day a popular politicians funeral was held.

cas and Khal, posters #1 and #3 are trusted advisors on here .

Any disturbances,protests that took place did not affect tourists in the resorts .I know this, i have friends there a the moment.

Should have no impact whatsover regarding your visit in 4 months time.

Just keep monitoring govt advice up till the time you intend to travel.

Regards

Mick

Edited: 11 February 2013, 18:17
Snodland, England...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: holiday village manar

Hi guys and thanks for your replies, You have all put my mind at ease :)

Really looking forward to the holiday,My other half is as white as casper so i guess hes gona burn in the heat then hehe

Any good excursions that you guys would recomend?

thanks again

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,201 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: holiday village manar

Have a browse at links below

Some of the trips you can do on your own or book with local operators based in the hotel

https:/…264867.pdf

thomsonexcursions.co.uk/search-excursions/TU…

Edited: 11 February 2013, 20:19
Bradford
Level Contributor
71 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: holiday village manar

We've booked for 2nd June too - but just for 1 week - where are you flying from? Might see you there. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about re: the disturbances

9. Re: holiday village manar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet
Recent Conversations