We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simply Sahara Trip

Manchester...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Simply Sahara Trip

Hello everyone,

Years ago when my wife and me went on the Sahara trip some 14 years ago we found there was lots of time spent in a coach and from what i remember was quite scary and long winded, is this still the case as we are considering taking our children with us ages 8 and 12.

Would they find this a bit of a drag or would they enjoy it?

Thank you in advanced for your replies...

Regards,

Paul..

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Simply Sahara Trip

Hi, we have just recently returned from Yasmine Hammamet and we did the simply Sahara trip. Yes there is alot of coach travel but the advantage of this is that you see alot of the traditional Tunisia that you would not see if you stayed in resort. It is very tiring but we thoroughly enjoyed the two days away and overnight stay in the hotel. There were younger children on our coach and they all seemed to be OK. As I said very tiring nearly 800 miles in 2 days but well worth it.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Simply Sahara Trip

It is a long journey, and most definitly tiring. If you decide to go, then make sure you take a lot of food and most importantly, plenty of water or soft drinks.

But, as HazelP said, it is worth the experience of seeing the other side of Tunisia, rather than be stuck at holiday resort.

Cheers

Cas

Kettering
Level Contributor
126 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Simply Sahara Trip

We did the Simply Sahara Trip from Sousse 2 years ago and loved every minute of it. Yes a lot of coach travel and quite tiring as a lot is packed into the 2 days. Is a good way to see the real Tunisia

Standish, null...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Simply Sahara Trip

We're just back from Tunisia last week and we went on the Simply Sahara trip with two kids aged 10 and 13. It was incredible, though there is a lot of coach travel and the 4x4 'safari' is actually an adrenalin-fueled rally drive! Our kids sometimes suffer from travel sickness so they had Kwells that morning and they were fine. An incredible experience and easily the highlight of the entire holiday.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Simply Sahara Trip

Thank you everyone for your feedback...

We had a great time in Tunisia and ended up on the Simply Sahara excursion.. We all really enjoyed it.. My son loved the 4x4 bit to the set of the phantom menace... Amazing!!

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Simply Sahara Trip

Glad you had a great time Paul

Julie

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Simply Sahara Trip

As every comment is saying about this trip,very tiring,a lot of miles covered but well worth it.The highlight being the 4x4 landcruiser drive in the dessert.You get to see a lot for your money,we had a brilliant Tour guide,he certainly knew his stuff about his country.Just two words to finish on,THOMSON FOUR,(you know who you are).

Holmfirth, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Simply Sahara Trip

I'm glad I stumbled across this. My husband and I leave for Tunisia in 12 hours (exciting stuff!) and we have hummed and ahhhed about the Sahara Explorer trip since we booked. We would both love to go, but we were worried that with only a 7 day holiday it might be too much to spend 2 days mostly on a coach.

Reading your reviews of it has certainly changed our minds, and hopefully we'll be booking onto the Sahara Explorer when we arrive! Unless we have difficulties with the up coming Eid festivities!

scotland
Level Contributor
366 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Simply Sahara Trip

thats why we doing the sahara trip this time the way i see it you go on holiday to relax and site see so why not do the sahara trip get to see so much in the 2 days and be able to chill for the rest . there is no better way to see any place but by coach . did the cairo by coach when was in egypt never understood why people did it by plane from sharm el shiek we seen so much by coach sites and places off the beaten track . and for what they asking for the trip if you did the trips individual the cost would soon mount up and you would be so tired at the end of your holiday you would need another holiday to get over it

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Simply Sahara Trip

Dennie. The best way to do these sahara trips is independently by train and local buses. Take the train to Tozeur, stay a couple of nights in a traditional B&B, enjoy the local restaurants, and book trips with a local agent.

Easy to do, just need to do a bit of planning, and have a Plan B up your sleeve.

And always make sure you are aware of the current FCO Travel Advice!

Edited: 09 October 2013, 08:26
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet