We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flies at holiday village

warwickshire uk
Level Contributor
282 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Flies at holiday village

Hi,Alot of recent reviews mention flies spoiling their holiday.Is this a seasonal thing or are there a lot of flies all the time as previous reviews hardly mention them.We are thinking of booking for next July so a different time of year to now but not sure about the flies.

Thank you

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flies at holiday village

Lol, its very hot July and August, more so in August!! There are going to be flies.

Put it this way, the ones moaning are probably the ones leaving empty drinks glasses, plates of half eaten food etc by their sunbeds, in their rooms or on the balconies.

Take the same precautions as you would at home when its hot. Never saw one in April so much of it is seasonal thing, hotter in August and humid when its been raining.

I have 3 flies in my lounge now that im just about to zap!! And i live in Cornwall, but its been a little warmer today with bit of sunshine plus the nieghbours have put their flaming bins out day early but thats another story!! Lol

Dont worry, just enjoy.

Julie

Edited: 26 September 2013, 18:48
scotland
Level Contributor
381 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flies at holiday village

eek we got fly,s in scotland aswell better jump on the scottish trip advisor forums and warn everyone not to come

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flies at holiday village

buy a spray called (off) and as others have stated clear rubbish or don't sit near it

warwickshire uk
Level Contributor
282 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flies at holiday village

Lol,don't mind a few flies but recent reviews suggest real problem.Sounds like I am over reacting!

You've helped put my mind at rest anyway,hopefully book soon.

Thank You

London
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flies at holiday village

There did seem to be more flies last couple weeks - perhaps because temps around 30c. We had to keep fishing flies from our wine, when drinking outdoors - so decided to take plastic covers for our wine glasses next time lol.

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flies at holiday village

Tomcharlieolivia, no, you are not overeacting, not at all. Its the reviewers, but then like I and others have said just take the same sort of precautions as you would here, and good idea about drink covers like WS suggested.

Flies are a darn nuisance i know but i think more so when its extremely hot.

Julie

London
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flies at holiday village

Also lots of people ask about mosquitos. Can honestly say the last two weeks never had bite or even sight of a mosquito - so few flies while drinking outdoors was hardly a nuisance.

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flies at holiday village

we always go in May or September and never been bothered with flies, we find the ants more of a pest,

we always take plastic jar covers to cover the glasses when near the pool or out side having a drink,

alan

Edited: 26 September 2013, 20:29
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flies at holiday village

I meant more of a nuisance here rather than over there. Never had any trouble with them or the Mozzies either, ive said before i only saw one dead mozzie in April and 6 yr ago my youngest son was pounched on by mozzies only when he walked on wet grass at The Sahara Beach Hotel. Rest of us never had trouble.

Julie

warwickshire uk
Level Contributor
282 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Flies at holiday village

Thanks for replies everyone,I will need to look out for some drinks covers!

Get answers to your questions about Hammamet
Recent Conversations