We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spending Money, AI, sentido aziza

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Spending Money, AI, sentido aziza

Hey everyone, my boyfriend and I are staying at sentido aziza beach golf & spa for 1 week in march.

I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on how much spending money to take? we won't be venturing out of the hotel too much, maybe a couple of times at most and a camel ride or whatever. Maybe even try a couple of treatments in the spa.

It's one week all inclusive, all drinks and meals included, for 2 people.

Thanks so much for any help :)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Agadir
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spending Money, AI, sentido aziza

Kcsxx,

Let's star by talking currency: The rate is £1 = roughly 2.50 Tunian Dinars. (IMOPRTANT to remember that Scottish Bank notes are sometimes very hard to exchange. Just take the British notes

Given that you will be on A/L package, and you do not intend on leaving the hotel that much, then 20 Dinars should be more than enough to get by in one day depending on what you want to spend it on.

hopping for souvenirs can be tricky if you don't know how to haggle. Big name alcholic like Johnny Walker wishky for example are not included in A/L packages and can be seriously expensive to pay for seperatly.

Camel/Horse riding also reuqires sharp negotiating with the animal handlers. I would say that 30 minutes riding session should cost no more than 10 Dinars. Taxis are also cheap, just as long as the driver charge you by the meter.

Basic Treatment spas/massages sessions in most hotels average 30 dinars an hour.

Plus you may need some some loose dinars for tipping staff at the hotel. Not compulsory, but good tippers get looked after better.

My advice is for you to change just £10 a day and see how far it gets you and your plan your outings accordingly.

Cheers

Cas

truro
Level Contributor
905 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spending Money, AI, sentido aziza

It all depends on the excursions you might like to go on.

Spa treatments can be quite pricey too.

Allow some money for the week for tipping.

Just to give you an idea we only spent £300 for 2 adults and our five children.

This was for tipping,tobacco,presents for family back home,souveniers,spending money for the kids,shoes and bags in the medina.

A train ride around the resort.

We didn't do any spa treatments or excursions though.

It might be helpful if you asked advice on the prices of spa treatments at your hotel and the prices of any trips you might like to take.

3. Re: Spending Money, AI, sentido aziza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2015, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet