Cholera Outbreak ! And I just got back
He may have a job proving the infection was a result of eating hotel food
Unless there are many others affected.
As for the smell of sewage. Not uncommon in many holiday resorts. Not only in Tunisia
I just got back recently as well. I was not at the hotel mentioned though
Don't forget to wash your hands before eating and after using the loo
And that may be an argument for this mans caseEdited: 29 April 2014, 13:23
Yes Mick good advice we even took hand wipes that came in handy as for all the hand shakes we got.
I am not trying to make light of this guys illness
Food poisoning outbreaks happen all the time
And if hotel is responsible the should get sued
.Now if the other guests who became unwell were diagnosed with Cholera
That would be a worry.
However I am not surprised its in the Daily Mail
If this paper told me tomorrow was Wednesday I would check my calendar;-)
My step son and his girlfriend and her Mum, Dad and Sister stayed there about 5 weeks before this person.
They loved it and couldnt fault a thing, and as for the smell, its the same anywhere in Tunisia, you will get wafts of it, but they said it wasnt like what this bloke was saying at all.
We get it in PEK. Usually when walking near a manhole cover.
Still take the usual precautions like Mick states.
Lol, it wont put me off going, Tunisia or that hotel.
I think you are ok Bladesboy, you were in PEK, the Sol Azur is Hammamet!! Lol
JulieEdited: 29 April 2014, 14:30
I hope he got photographs of his skin colour and rice water stools too for his evidence.
Obviously , im sure, he was tested.
Could have caught this if he had ate out somewhere then. If other guests are ok. Does not mention others.
Its all Thomas Cooks fault according to him - agree bladesboy he could have eaten something elsewhere, not taken precautions washing hands etc.. etc... - it annoys me people not taking any responsibility for their own actions.
I doubt very much if you would of caught it Bladesboy if the bloke in question had eaten out, i doubt he would of anyway, he was in Hammamet, you were an hour away in PEK.
If was that bad a case, he would be dead by now.
May of been a bit of sickness and whatnot with a few others but thats not been proven to be Cholera.
Probably over indulgence and too much sun and not enough water with most sickness cases, lots blame hotel food which i dont think is fair.
This guy has obviously sought out a lawyer to get compensation
He claims it was "the talk of the pool"
And that other guests caught the bacteria
Yet, no others appeared to have complained or reported it.
Read into this what you will ........and wash your hands first ;!Edited: 29 April 2014, 16:05
I had to look on Google to find out how it could spread and read this
"The source of the contamination is typically other cholera sufferers when their untreated diarrheal discharge is allowed to get into waterways, groundwater or drinking water supplies. Drinking any infected water and eating any foods washed in the water, as well as shellfish living in the affected waterway, can cause a person to contract an infection. Cholera is rarely spread directly from person to person."
So you could get it also from swimming in the sea and a thousand other reasons then the food in the hotel...
And my ohter comment (which has nothing to do with the choleara): why do you take your girlfriend to a Tunisian three star hotel for a romantic holiday... ... Seems a bit poor... ;-)