We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Village Manar - a few questions

Sawbridgeworth...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Village Manar - a few questions

hi there..

Just wondered if anyone was able to answer a few questions i have..we fly out on the 8th june.

1) do you know if there is any where i can buy baby formula in hotel (more specifically Aptamil) or do i need to make sure i take enough in the case for 11 days? Can i buy nappies and swim nappies easily enough?

2) how warm are the evenings at the moment - just wondering what to pack for my 8 month old

3) can you hire high chairs/ sterilizers for your hotel room once there?

4) how baby friendly is the food... my little one eats finger foods, no purees, but im wondering if i should be packing baby snacks etc

Thank you!!

truro
Level Contributor
905 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Village Manar - a few questions

Hi

I would take Swimming nappies with you.

Normal nappies will not be a problem to buy out there but Swimming nappies are not so common in Tunisia.

Most hotel's serve food that can easily be cut to finger food for your baby.

I would advise you to speak to First Choice as there have been a lot of complaints on their facebook page concerning children under 2 on an A/I package.

First Choice have stated on their FB page that children under 2 are not actually included in the package for food and drink.They have however stated that some hotel's will happily let infants eat and drink for free but other Hotel's will charge for this.

FC say it's in their terms and conditions for travelling with infants.

All the Holiday villages hire sterilisers etc but I'm not sure if you need to pre book items like this

Chrissy

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Village Manar - a few questions

you are right chrissy on the meals for infants,

we have never been refused food for infant's in all the year's of travelling with little one's, i would be very surprised if any hotel charge for infant's food,

at the old Green Park in PEK even the infants got a wrist band, ( attached to the buggy ), that was one of the better hotel's,

alan

Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Village Manar - a few questions

Hi, I havn't been to the holiday village in Tunisia but I have been to other first choice holiday villages. (Egypt, Turkey twice and Dom Rep). We traveled with infants to all of them.

You used to be able to pre book a baby pack and they would have it waiting for you in resort. The pack included things like a high chair, baby bath, stererliser and bottle warmer. We pre booked it on one occasion and hired it while we were there on another. We spoke to the girls in the crèche and they sorted it all out for us.

We never had a problem with finding finger food for our little ones at any of the villages we went to. They all had a kids corner with pasta fruit cheese meat etc.

Have a lovely holiday

Sawbridgeworth...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Village Manar - a few questions

thanks everyone, i am in 2 minds as to whether i should pack our cold water sterilizer or just take the milton tablets and hope they can supply me with one!

I will email them and ask i think. Thank you!

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,898 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Village Manar - a few questions

Rebecca,

If you have room in the case i would pack a sterilizer just to be safe, don't forget the 2pin plug,

Alan

Sawbridgeworth...
Level Contributor
18 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Village Manar - a few questions

thanks, i have emailed them and they replied saying i could hire a sterlilizer and highchair for our room and be charged to our room account, so think we are going to do that. Thanks for your replies x

London, England
Level Contributor
415 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Village Manar - a few questions

I would either do cold water sterilisation with milton tablets (just a a large tupperware tub) or get a couple of the lindam microwave sterilzer bads - there is a microwave in the dining room so you could sterilze a couple of bootles at every meal - the bads can be used 20 times each and would give you a big of extra luggage room.

We hired a baby pack the first time and only used the sterilizer so it was expensive - the next time we went we just took milton tablets.

8. Re: Holiday Village Manar - a few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet