We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dar Khayam - For a solo female traveller

Which Hammamet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Dar Khayam - For a solo female traveller

Right, I've done the usual of checking and reading reviews etc etc etc and the Dar Khayam hotel sounds like a good hotel for me to stay at. However, I would just like to know from those that have stayed at this hotel and those that have been to Hammamet:

1. What are the rooms like

2. Is the service really good

3. What shops/bars/restaurants are close by

4. What attractions are close by

5. Do they serve cocktails at the bar

I know some of you may think these questions are a bit strange, but I just like to have as much info about my holiday before I travel. After all, I am a solo (female) traveller :-)

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dar Khayam - For a solo female traveller

Panther-rose,

Beware of offers of help from local posts on the forum as you have put up solo female traveller, they will came soon,

Alan

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dar Khayam - For a solo female traveller

Thanks for the heads up Alan but alot of these post are focused upon those travelling with someone else (i.e a partner or with family). There are people like me who enjoy travelling by themselves. Last year I went to Sharm el sheikh and met up with another lady who was also travelling by herself. I went to Tunisa in 2012, stayed at Sousse but just didn't enjoy it that much.

n wales
Level Contributor
169 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dar Khayam - For a solo female traveller

The rooms are ok clean tv bath shower we always stay in the main hotel cocktails are nice there is shops restaurants bowling alley all 5 min walk staff at hotel friendly and helpfull we have been 5 times

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dar Khayam - For a solo female traveller

Thanks for your reply nic26NWales. Did you visit any places outside of the hotel?

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,800 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dar Khayam - For a solo female traveller

panther-rose,

between holidays with the daughter and grandchildren i am also a single traveller, i went to the Dar Khayam just over 2 years ago and enjoyed it, the entertainment was out doors on the stage, the food was good and it has a beach front,

the only thing that i didn't like was there was no single tables in the dining area, i ended up on a 8 place table with french guests, on arrival you got a set place, hopefully they have altered the dinning area, i haven't looked at recent photo's of the hotel but they should show the dinning room now,

look in the 'things to do' section at the top for idea's,

the hotel is normally last drop off if you use the tour op's bus,

you can use the pool and slides next door at the sister hotel the Omar Khayam, the shop and bank is half way between the two,

i would return,

alan

Edited: 14 July 2014, 18:51
6. Re: Dar Khayam - For a solo female traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet
Recent Conversations