We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hammamet at night

Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hammamet at night

Hello all, I was wondering what it is like to be around the medina and other areas at night as I will be travelling with my girlfriend and was thinking will it be safe for her/us as we will likely be eating out and wanting to find bars (any recommendations) are the locals tourist friendly and what not ? Thanks.

truro
Level Contributor
900 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hammamet at night

Hi

We have been to Yasmine Hammamet twice.

On both holidays we have wandered around the resort going to the Medina and Marina etc..at night.

We have gone out with our young children and on the odd evening left the kids at the hotel with their grandparents and my husband and I have gone out for a drink and to shop.

We find the locals very friendly and welcoming generally speaking and we've never had a bad experience.

Just to be on the safe side I don't wear expensive jewellery(not just in Tunisia but anywhere on holiday).

I'm sure you will find the locals as friendly as we have and enjoy going out and about both by day and night.

Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hammamet at night

That's good to hear, thanks for your feedback. Appreciated :)

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,225 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hammamet at night

I take it you are staying in Yasmine Hammamet

Yes you will be fine out and about

Lots of places to eat and drink at night 3 bars to mention

The Steakhouse at the entrance of Yasmine Medina

Hannibals Elephants (statues) are a good landmark

They are next to the Steakhouse

Been in there many times.

My fave bar in the resort. Decent food too. reasonable prices.

Other bars to mention

The Rovers Return Inn and the View English bar,café .

Both these on the promenade

All 3 have TV screens for sport, favourite soap etc

They are part English owned.

Steakhouse and Rovers will have entertainment some nights.

Karaoke, quiz etc.

Plenty eateries around the main harbour area,too

Enjoy your stay

Mick

I just noticed you are at the Phenicia

Nice hotel

Have fun !!

Edited: 22 August 2014, 11:15
Level Contributor
46 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hammamet at night

Thanks, will check them out when down their !! Yh we're at the phenecia, fly out weds night. Couldn't come soon enough.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hammamet at night

The more I read some of these posts, the more I look forward to my holiday to Tunisia. I think I will give the English bars a try but will stay clear of the kareoke bars. My singing is very bad!!!

6. Re: Hammamet at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet