We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can i buy Banana boat tanning oil in tunisia?!

London, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
can i buy Banana boat tanning oil in tunisia?!

Hello, ive been to egypt many times and found cheap tanning oils and the banana boat brand in local pharmacies?shops.

im going to tunisia soon for the second time and would like to know if anyone knows if i can buy it there?! ill be staying in either yasmine hammamet or hammamet, i assumed it would be available but not sure. its so expensive back here to buy and not many shops sell it anymore. thanks

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can i buy Banana boat tanning oil in tunisia?!

I have seen it at the shop in our hotel in Port el Kantaoui along with Nivea products etc, but not sure of the price but it will be a lot dearer than UK.

I would bring enough with you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: can i buy Banana boat tanning oil in tunisia?!

Thanks Julie, I can't find it anywhere here only on ebay and I Have to ship it from USA! I have a hunch I'll find it seeing as you've spotted it where you are. Hope youre having a nice time, I've only ever been to hammamet. Is port el kantoui as lively because I'm still undecided about which resort to go to:)

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: can i buy Banana boat tanning oil in tunisia?!

Lol, im not in Port El Kantaoui at the mo, i will be, again, in 32 days time, 3rd time staying at Hotel Marhaba Palace, 4th time to Tunisia.

I love Port El Kantaoui, ive only passed through Hammamet/Yasmine Hammamet.

PeK is a good location i find.

Cant wait to get back there, im chomping at the bit and raring to go!!! Lol.

I use Calypso factor 2 dry oil spray, lovely stuff it is. I never burn, well i did last April, just one tiny patch of skin the size of a 50p piece near my shoulder, but normally i dont burn.

Im the same with ordering stuff from USA/Canada, i buy my O.P.I avojuice lotions on ebay, sooo much cheaper and great for maintaining your suntan, and soothes burnt skin, lol.

Julie

Edited: 27 August 2014, 21:41
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: can i buy Banana boat tanning oil in tunisia?!

I find PeK is lively enough, im not a nightclubber, lol, bit like to visit bars, cafes and restaurants and PeK has it.

And Sousse is a short and cheap taxi ride away.

Very vibrant and bustling place.

London, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: can i buy Banana boat tanning oil in tunisia?!

Thanks for the info, I've been Egypt 4 times now(sharm) and find the tanning oils there all cheap I never remember to bring any back though!

My last time in tunisia was 4 years,ago stayed at the Dar khayam only 3 star but had such a laugh. I'm not a nightclubber either, I took my mum and young niece with me and I'm taking them again in October for my mum's 60th and nieces 14th birthday so just looking for family hotel and some shops cafes in evening.

per sounds good, alot of people recommend. It and say it's similar to hammamet.

I can't wait to go either although got hassled so much outside of the hotel it put me off going out!

It's nice to go back to a hotel you've been to before at least you know what you're getting:)

Have you bought travel insurance, I'm only staying for a week with Thomas Cook all inclusive but their insurance is expensive:(

London, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: can i buy Banana boat tanning oil in tunisia?!

I will look up opi avojuice lotions never heard of them

7. Re: can i buy Banana boat tanning oil in tunisia?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet