We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exit tax? and late october

Nottinghamshire...
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Exit tax? and late october

Has anybody got any info on a 30 dinar per person exit tax? Thomas cook has never mentioned it.

We are going to the Chich Khan last week of October and have read that you start to lose the sun from about 4.30 and makes it seem like early evening.. cheers Rodge..

London
Level Contributor
8,775 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exit tax? and late october

Previous threads have loads of info

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293753-i9122-k7…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297952-i9165-k7…

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
274 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exit tax? and late october

Glad to see someone has brought this up here on the Hammamet forum. Its a pity that the travel agents haven't thought about telling travellers about the up and coming travel exit charges

London
Level Contributor
8,775 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exit tax? and late october

I still hope, although probably misguided, that this tax will eventually be included in cost of airline ticket/package cost like most countries in the world.

Europe
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Exit tax? and late october

This would not catch non-package tourists (the main reason why it was put this way), or non airline passengers or non transport passengers (think about the thousands of travelers from Libya and Algeria each day, they don't arrive by using tickets).

For airway package tourists, it will most likely be included in the travel fare, at least with the big agencies, and the agents on location will then hand out the stamps to their clients - for all others, it will be visiting the finance agency in their holiday town or queueing at the airport, seaport or land border stamp selling offices. :)

Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Exit tax? and late october

Yes sun disappears behind hotel at around 4:45/5pm and most people head up to room to get ready for the evening. I find it gets breezy and cooler from 3pm and often wasn't warm enough for me to sit with just bikini on, mind u I feel the cold!!

6. Re: Exit tax? and late october

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Hammamet
Recent Conversations