We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

melia palm azur

Which Midoun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
york
Level Contributor
495 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
melia palm azur

we've booked to go tothe melia palm azur for2 weeks in july, but are struggling to find much info about it. has anybody stayed there or planningon going there in july? also any general tips on quality of snorkelling off the beaches in djerba? cheers

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: melia palm azur

Hello

Im off to the same hotel in May this year for one week.

ive had trouble finding anything info about it as well.

i will post here about the hotel when we get back if thats any help?

jules

Hampshire,England
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: melia palm azur

Hi, we are also going to the palm azur in July. I've just read another posting and it sounds ok. It sounds just like a hotel we went to in Tunisia last year and that was really good, including the French! C u there.

york
Level Contributor
495 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: melia palm azur

hi,thanks for your help, if you could gie us some info when you return that would be great, also any advice etc from your experiences. to the persongoing in july, what dates are you there? where you flying from ?

Hampshire,England
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: melia palm azur

Hiya, we are flying out on the 1st July for 14 days and we are flying from Gatwick. What abpout you? Have you been to Tunisia before?

york
Level Contributor
495 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: melia palm azur

never been to tunisia before, flying from manchester, also on1st july so we shall be seeing you, don't think we get there until about 11 at night so not great flight times, what about you?

Hampshire,England
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: melia palm azur

Yes we are the same, they have changed our flights so that we also get in @ 11pm. We have been to Tunisia twice before and really loved it. Are you travelling with Panorama? That's who we travelled with last year, very good. It gets really hot, fantastic!! Not sure about the snorkelling my husband did that, the sea was warm and clear though. R u going for the sea, sand, snorkelling, golf or the free drink?

york
Level Contributor
495 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: melia palm azur

hiya alli. we are going just to relax! we were in sharm el sheikh last year and the snorkelling was stunning, so that would be good if its anything like it, though the free drink is not a bad thing. we are flying with mytravel andbooked through airtours, tho from memory last year the airtours rep did panorama too. do you have much info about jerba or the hotel? we are really struggling!

Hampshire,England
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: melia palm azur

Hiya, mikeandrach, we have been to Sharm el Sheik twice and we loved it. All I could find out about Djerba was that the golf course is near (for my other half) and that it has 130 km of beaches. I havn't seen anything about diving or snorkelling in any of the brochures. I don't even know anybody that has been to the island so it could be very interesting. Where we were in Tunisia last year people did snorkel but it didn't sound as good as it was in Egypt. My brochure doesn't say anything about dive schools either.

york
Level Contributor
495 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: melia palm azur

where did you stay in sharm? we stayed at the concorde el salam last year and have already booked to go back there next supmmer. aparently jerba is very good for beaches etc but is a bit unknown as unexplored by british so far. from your past experience of tunisia and sharm which would you say is best for eating out/shopping etc? we bought pretty much anything we wanted in sharm and hardly spent any money, is tunisia the same? what is the standard of food etc like?

Hampshire,England
Level Contributor
70 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: melia palm azur

We stayed at Laguna Vista and the Albatross Royal Moderna. Both were amazing and the Egytians are so friendly. Was your hotel in Nabq Bay?

Tunisia is also very cheap for food, shopping etc. I agree with you about not spending much, when we went to Sharm we came back with money (completely unheard of when we've been on holiday)! The standard of food in the hotel we stayed in last year in Tunisia was excellent, with a different roast every day as well as local dishes and fresh pasta, the desserts were to die for! The Tunisian wine was also really surprisingly good. It's difficult to say which I prefer, I really really love Egypt, the sea and the pace of life, Tunisia is on a par but there are a lot of French who tend to think that they own the place, this was our experience on all 3 of our visits. Having said that I still really like that it has the Mediterranean feel as well as the Arabic influences. Did you dive in Egypt? Did you buy the local silver wrist bells?

Get answers to your questions about Midoun
Recent Conversations