We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shops at the sahara beach

Which Monastir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
northumberland
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
shops at the sahara beach

hi does anyone know if the shop in the sahara beach that sells papers and post cards as well as sweets and stuff for the kids has reopend yet and the little shop on the beach opend again this year

scotland
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: shops at the sahara beach

BladebOy,The shop wasn't open when we were there at the end of April nor was there a shop on the beach,however they were doing work on some of the empty shops so maybe there will be one when you go .I really do feel that they should have a shop as the hotel is so isolated but remember there is the garage outside the main gates and the Miami centre is only a short walk away(10-15 mins).

northumberland
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: shops at the sahara beach

thanks for that info we have been going for a lot of years and the shops have never been closed before .i do hope thay do reopen as my 4 grandchildren will be lost with out them.

glasgow
Level Contributor
478 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shops at the sahara beach

hello,

just back a week ago the shop wasnt open, we used the local petrol station open till 10pm

theres also a big supermarket if you catch the bus to sousse,

Bristol
Level Contributor
292 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shops at the sahara beach

Hi Feefee1970, did the local garage sell English Papers? Also, we like to go back to our room, put the kids to bed and have a beer. Is there a policy where you cannot take drinks back to your room or is this OK? If not, is there a local shop where we can buy a few cans?

Cheers

Mitch

northumberland
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: shops at the sahara beach

last year the only place you could get a english paper and thay were about 3-4 days late was the shop in the hotel thay cost about £1.70 and we have never been stopped taken drinks or food up to our room im not sure if the pizza place is still open but it used to be open till after 1am

Bristol
Level Contributor
292 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shops at the sahara beach

Thanks Bladeboy, the wife is a paper nut (I don't read them) so she said she will stop reading them from now on lol. Good news about taking drinks back, put the kids to bed and have a quiet beer, happy holidays!

Newcastle
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: shops at the sahara beach

Just got back on Sunday and the shop was not open when we were there. The garage did not sell english papers either. As mentioned the Miami Centre did sell them. I bought one on the Thursday and did not notice till I got out that it was only Mondays paper lol> Was nice to get away from reading all the depressing news though.

Have a good holiday

Mick

Durham
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: shops at the sahara beach

Hi

Going to Sahara Beach on Sunday - can you get pop/sweets/etc at the Miami Centre?

scotland
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: shops at the sahara beach

Yes you can buy sweets crisps drinks etc..............at the Miami centre.

Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: shops at the sahara beach

I got back yesterday. There is now a shop that sells papers, sweets etc in the hotel.

Get answers to your questions about Monastir