We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More Sahara Beach Questions - Sorry!!!

N.Wales
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
More Sahara Beach Questions - Sorry!!!

Firstly I just like to say I've read the Reviews and the Forums and I can't wait to arrive on my hols (31st May!!!).

We're really hoping to upgrade to a suite, and we've rang the hotel, but unfortunately we can only upgrade after arriving.

The televisions in the suite, are these modern enough to put a movie on for the kids via USB Stick?

The fridge in the suite, does it get filled or do we fill it ourselves?

If we fill it ourselves, is there a mini market on-site?

Last year in Turkey we struggled to find a soft drink my 4 year liked, if we take our own cordial is Bottled Water freely available on the All-inclusive?

I read a great tip about taking a 4-gang extension cable, is this safe?

I read there is no Beach towel service, what about the towels in the room, do they get changed regularly?

How does the allocated table/waiter for your stay work? Do you have selected time slots or something? Surely there will be far too many guests at the hotel to only use a table once for an evening meal?

The on-site shops, do they have set prices or can you haggle with them?

The safes, how much are they to hire?

The geatest debate of them all..........Tipping!! I'm fully aware of the tipping culture and have no problem whatsoever, my only concern is how much to tip and when. Any suggestions?

Lastly, I've just read a very recent review on the hotel which made my stomach turn. About 'watching your children'. Has anyone else ever felt uncomfortable with the idea that people might be photographing their kids, and possibly something happening to them?

Sorry for all the questions, I hope some of you can answer some of them for me.........I'd be very grateful.

Although that review I mentioned has worried me a little I can't wait to get to the SaharaBeach hotel for what I'm sure will be a great holiday!!

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More Sahara Beach Questions - Sorry!!!

Just to bump this up as I also would like to know about most of these questions.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,239 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More Sahara Beach Questions - Sorry!!!

I suggest using the search box above

Most answers are here somewhere

Regards

mick

Edited: 25 May 2012, 11:58
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,239 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More Sahara Beach Questions - Sorry!!!

<<The geatest debate of them all..........Tipping!!>>

I found this view on tipping in the search box quite easy

I wrote it 2 months ago!!)

Many first timers to Tunisia ask about tipping

How much ? How often ?

I have met guests who never tip.They feel they paid up front and thats it!

Arrival

.I dont bother with the porters at the airport, unless the transfer coach is a distance away.

I put a coin in the coach drivers plate

Ok, most wont have dinars on arrival. I usually have some from previous visit

Hotel

Porter gets a couple of dinar. If not on arrival ,next day

Maid

We leave the maid some sweets on the pillow daily (usually Roses or those "Celebration" sweets)

Works wonders, we get linen and towels when we dont need them! My wife always leaves the maid some clothes

However you need to inform reception of this .If at the end of the holiday we liked her service, she will also get 20 or 30 dinar

Dining

I usually leave a small tip after evening meal

If served by the same waiter or two, a larger tip for them on departure

Bar

If a tip jar on the bar, I stick a couple of dinar when getting my first beer. This gets attention ! and do this periodically.

If getting waiter service. I tip waiter when leaving bar

If i have a particular favourite barman/barmen I may give them my duty free whisky/vodka as a tip. Also after shave,t- shirts, etc

Pool

I give the pool guy a tip on first day, then now and again if he is getting our matresses for sunlounger

I also make sure he has some bottled water, same for gateman/security

Ok. The total isnt that great. Its not large amounts i tip

However, i enjoy doing this, if i am having a good time

If the staff make me feel good... Thats what its all about !

Regards

Edited: 25 May 2012, 12:05
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: More Sahara Beach Questions - Sorry!!!

that is really good advice on tipping clerryjungle, thank you, gives me some ideas for when i go

N.Wales
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: More Sahara Beach Questions - Sorry!!!

Thanks for that Cleryjungle.

I've done a bit of searching and found some good advice etc.

If possible, I'd still like some of my questions answered, if anyone can help.

Thanks.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More Sahara Beach Questions - Sorry!!!

I believe there is no smoke without fire. I find the recent reviews regarding children disturbing. Even the management issue an apology.

7. Re: More Sahara Beach Questions - Sorry!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 08:41
Get answers to your questions about Monastir
Recent Conversations