We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sentido Rosa Beach June 2014 the dread,money and dresscode!

Which Monastir hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sentido Rosa Beach June 2014 the dread,money and dresscode!

We travel on the 29th of June and to be honest I'm really not looking forward to it anymore. Every time I'm on Trip Advisor the rating for the hotel is lower and lower! Whether this is because everyone seems to be complaining about the same thing or genuinely because it's not a good place to stay. I mean no offence but surely before you book a hotel you check out reviews, countless times I've read 'sunbeds are filled early' 'waiting two hours for rooms' 'the beach has seaweed' no real need to complain when you were aware in the first place! Things like 'was ill from meals' or 'rooms filthy' I think are what I'm looking to avoid!! Anyway back to my question.

For meal times my partner doesn't want to have to wear jeans as I'm sure you understand, are long smart shorts acceptable? Also with currency how much would we need for the odd excursion or using jet ski's and the odd meal out for ten days all inc?

All help appreciated- sorry for the rant I'm becoming extremely anxious and we're not picky people!!

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,777 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sentido Rosa Beach June 2014 the dread,money and dresscode!

jayne,

i understand what you are saying and agree with you, the best must be seaweed on the beach, people cant seem to grasp, sea? beach? seaweed?, why is it there,

on the meal topic i think most hotels allow 3/4 short's but don't take jeans but a pair of thin cotton trousers, the meal rule some times depend who is in charge on the night, one night it is ok, the next night the rule applies,

as for how much to take, well that's a hard one, i will leave it for other's who have done the jet ski to answer, trips with tour op's cost up to £40 depending where you want to go, have a look on their web site's for prices, meals depends were you go,

answers will come soon,

alan

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sentido Rosa Beach June 2014 the dread,money and dresscode!

Jayne

As for reviews that mention or should i say MOAN that they waited 2 hours for their room, well that just makes me laugh and not to mention riles me!!

Check in for most hotels is 2pm. If you have to wait for your room, then there is always a luggage room to keep cases in and you are entitled to use the facilities while waiting for your room anyway.

You really have got to take reviews with a pinch of salt.

If you keep getting worried then im afraid you are going to set yourself up to not enjoy your holiday.

Lots of moaning on reviews are totally uncalled for, seriously.

Look at the Excellent, Very Good, Average, ratings on the hotel, they far outweigh the poor and terrible.

Bishop Auckland...
Level Contributor
199 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sentido Rosa Beach June 2014 the dread,money and dresscode!

We were there in February / March and loved it, best food in any of the 8 hotels we have stopped in. Three quarter shorts are perfect and the beach gets raked every day to keep the seaweed down but just at the hotel stretch, either side is not done. As you go into the restaurant from the hotel there is a lady waiter, her name is Boshra and she's brill.

Derby, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Sentido Rosa Beach June 2014 the dread,money and dresscode!

Hello new here trying to get some info on general travel for the christmas break if any advice...are looking to go for xmas week or new years as can be flexible..hopefully tunisia or canaries...anyone have any advice about which company to book through for eg cheapest..any help appreciated

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sentido Rosa Beach June 2014 the dread,money and dresscode!

Hi Jayne,

Hubby & I got back yesterday from Rosa Beach. To answer the points you have raised.....

Men can wear smart shorts in All restaurants including al carte.

Our room was spotless, clean towels daily and bedding changed too. We were only there a week.

We did have to wait for our room, but you can leave your cases and have a wander, drinks, lunch so wasn't a problem for us.

Meal out is roughly £14 for a main (I had fillet steak, was to die for).

Sun beds..... people do get up at stupid oclock to reserve them but we never had any problems finding one.

All in all we had a great time, friendly people, good food. I rarely say this as I like to go somewhere new every year but I would go back tomorrow.

Edited: 22 June 2014, 10:13
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sentido Rosa Beach June 2014 the dread,money and dresscode!

DonnaT41 thankyou so much! im wondering what there is to do outwith the hotel were 25/26 so nightclubs aren't on our list but nice restaurants and pubs excursions activites? any names of places for example where your fillet steak was from :)

england
Level Contributor
2,917 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sentido Rosa Beach June 2014 the dread,money and dresscode!

At certain times of the year there will be more seaweed than others - most hotels clear the seaweed during the high season - food - noted a recent review from a customer complaining that if they overslept breakfast than there were hungry till lunch time - what - get over yourself - at this price do you really expect 24/7 food - not realistic. International hotel conditions often say arrival 2pm and out of room by 11am many hotels in tunisia allow you to keep you room after this and as mentioned a polite enquiry will ensure that you can keep your luggage safe while you have a little lunch or a drink at the bar.

I would always advise customers to work around arrival and departure times, it is down to the tour operator to make you aware of this not the hotel - but you have chosen well with this hotel I am sure that you will have a great time - but bear in mind what you have paid for your two weeks in the sun - and what you will pay for lunch and drinks at the airport - that is my usual gauge.

Regarding money I would recommend that you have access to more money you would not want to spoil you holiday cos you did not have an extra £50 for an excursion - but it is a really good tip to check the tour operators costs for the main excursions - taxis are cheap and regarding souvenirs - depends on your haggle skills - we love Tunisia and have been many times - the people are lovely but if there is something that is not quite right let the hotel know - they will fix it if they can they really do want you to have a wonderful holiday.

PS Take some mozzie repellent and lots of sun screen it will be hot.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sentido Rosa Beach June 2014 the dread,money and dresscode!

andip80

Tunisia can be very cold on a night .

We went a few years ago just into January.

On a night we needed coats.

The locals also wore scarfs and gloves.

During the day we got about 5 hours sunshine, lovely in a sheltered situation.

Hotel had decorations up for the benefit of tourists very good to see.

9. Re: Sentido Rosa Beach June 2014 the dread,money and dresscode!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Monastir