We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions

Which Port El Kantaoui hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Excursions

Hi,

I am going to PEK this saturday and am wondering which tours to take and which to avoid. Also are these tours reasonable and worth while as I am only going for a week and do not really want to waste a day on a tour if not interesting.If you could advise pricing for tours so as I can buget for this would be very helpful.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions

I have just arrived back from our first visit to PEK/Tunisia.

If you send me your email I will forward the list of excursions from the Tour operator i.e. My Travel/aspro/panorame etc.

The trips, as always, are dearer from the tour operator but it will give you a rough price.

Boat Trip

We went on the boat trip - what a disaster that turned out to be - this wasnt booked with the tour operator but with a tour guy operating from our hotel.

The trip was advertised as music, singing, dancing, meal, swimming etc.

After an hour of sailing the coast line at such a slow speed, not enough to gather a breeze, the music was turned on but it wasnt anything worth listening to through the crackling. There is nothing to see but hotels and beach - there is nothing rugged/mountainous/picturesque to see.

We then dropped anchor, we were allowed to swim, not far out enough to see anything.

Lunch was then served on a small plastic childs plate where we were served 2 small fish as big as my finger, a small piece of chicken, 1/2 tomato and 2 small pieces of stale bread of which we were expected to each without a knife and fork!

Entertainment began - this lasted all of 5 mins - this consisited of the lady who previously served us drinks dancing whilst one of the other crew banged a make-shift drum. Thank Christ it was only 5 minutes!

Then we sailed back to port!

A waste of 3 hours + time getting there and back.

The boat we went on was called the Aziza which sailed from Sousse, but to be honest I think theyre all of the same poor quality.

Another couple from our hotel went on a different boat sailing from PEK and they said pretty much the same.

Some of the boats play music and have staff dancing about looking like its real good fun whilst theyre anchored in the harbour then when there out to sea it all subsides until they come to the harbour to anchor again.

I wouldnt bother wasting your money or your time.

But if youre still not detered it cost us 25D each (£10each)

We have been on many boat trips mainly in Turkey and they have been brilliant - dont expect the same here!

We also went on the quads, which were good fun. There countryside i.e. the olive groves leaves a little to be desired. They dont look after there countryside - its was constanlty littered, I dont mean a few bottles and stray carrier bags - Im talking building materials etc just dumped - fly tipping!

But besides this it was good fun, althought I dont think you would be insured should anything happen.

This cost 25 or 30 D each for 1.5 - 2 hours (2.5 dinar to £1).

To be honest its that hot out there at the moment it was a chore walking about.

If theres anything else you want to know give me a shout.

Have a great time.

2. Re: Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 12:22
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations