We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whos best?

Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
whos best?

Hi Returned back from P.E.K about 4 weeks ago,Had a great time and would like to go back again this year.We travelled with Thompsons to marhaba pelace and got a really good deal.On looking at prices now they seem to have gone up considerably,just wondering if anyone knew who did the best deals,not brave enough to do my own thing,Also any idea which dates are the cheapest and still warm, Thanks for any advice.

South Wales
Level Contributor
358 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whos best?

Late September tends to be a bit cheaper and still warm (though the sun goes down much earlier). It's sometimes cheaper to book flights separately (Thompsons, Panorama etc.) and use many of the accomodation websites to book somewhere to stay (www.findmeaccom.com is one of the cheapest I've found).

Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: whos best?

I found Panorama to be the cheapest for the complete package. However, since I booked they have become part of Thomas Cook Group, so not sure if their prices have gone up to Thomas Cook's level. Worth checking out though.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whos best?

panorama have put there prices up since i booked last year probably on par with thompsons

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
152 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whos best?

We had a similar sort of situation ourselves, so we searched online. We found some thompson holidays were cheaper to go through thomas cook! sounds crazy but true. We actually searched Thompsons, First Choice, Panorama and Thomas Cook - looking at the same hotel & 2 week period, Thomas Cook came out cheapest. End of July and towards the end of August seem most expensive - although the price for the last week of august - stretching into September sees a fairly decent drop in prices though. It might be worth just checking out a few brochures/online sites to get a rough idea of what times are cheapest.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: whos best?

Never ever book through Thomsons! Always go through Portland Direct, same company but much cheaper.

Level Contributor
8,827 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: whos best?

Depends how much guaranteed sunshine is important to you. My favourite time is first couple weeks in November - beginning of winter season and much cheaper prices. Fairly good weather but obviously winter time can be unpredictable. I am afraid with all the mergers there are basically just two travel companies now Thomson/First Choice and Airtours group/Thomas Cook. You could try web site such as Travel Republic - you pick yr flight and which hotel you want, they can even arrange transfer. That is probably cheapest option.

Gateshead, England
Level Contributor
443 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: whos best?

We are staying in PEK Royal Kenz hotel last week in August first week in September the prices drop at this time of the year and the weather will still be red hot. I have booked my hol through Thomas Cook and they were considerably cheaper than the other tour operators. My friend is a travel agent who books for us but I always do the spade work first and she couldnt get a package hol any chaper.

8. Re: whos best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 00:20
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations