We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions - Soviva Resort

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
231 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions - Soviva Resort

We are off to the Soviva resort in four weeks.

How long does the coach take to get to the resort from the airport?

How far is this from PEK marina?

Is it warm at night and what is the humidity like (will it frizz my hair), shall I bother straightening it? and what time does it go dark?

Is the sea warm enough to swim in and are there free sunbeds usually found at the beach or is it as bad as the pool area where you have to get up early?

Anyone had problems with the Mozzies, though I usually take Vitamin B tablets before I go away and only get a couple of bites?

To be honest I am a bit apprehensive about the holiday as the reviews of the Soviva resort are very mixed, but I will go with an open mind.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Europe
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions - Soviva Resort

1) ca. 45-60 minutes

2) ca. 2km

3) yes - humidity is mostly in the mid ranges, but you will have almost all the time salt in your hair

4) depends on what temperature you like, but around July, even the locals start to swim in the sea. The time with the warmest water is around the beginning of September, though.

5) Use Autan spray

People either love or hate the Soviva, it depends a lot on the expectations with which a guest goes there. It is a middle class hotel with lots of rooms and picked by many for their water slides, so the number of children and young adults will be a bit higher than usual during the high season.

sheffield
Level Contributor
299 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions - Soviva Resort

does the hotel provide pool n beach towels please

stoke on trent
Level Contributor
231 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions - Soviva Resort

No they don't I am afraid

sheffield
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions - Soviva Resort

weve just got bak from the sovia an were the few that hated it went 4 10 days an had enough by 6! there is nothing 2 do there at night, only 3 restrants an super markets on bottom rd pek is a good 45 mins away an 2 go there every night drives ur mad, we ad 2 15 year olds with us and every time we walked round the marina they were approched an followed by tunisians asking them if they wanted 2 buy drugs! anything they wanted they could get!!! well we were shocked an never went up there again! the food is nasty our first day there we were served with chicken that ad blood dripping out ov it some food was eatable some wasent,as for mozzies i got bit second day all over me legs,not a very nice sight lol.the rooms av interconecting doors that leeds ya into next room,we found that u could get into the next room if ur no wot your doing,lucky our teenages wontere in the next room but it can be quite easy t enter next room, may be this is were all the theft is comming from? told rep an she said she would have a word with the owner,what they say about sunbeds is true u av 2 be down there by 6.30 2 get one,they blow a whistle an then u grab one,we never did this but its a laugh 2 watch um run! hope this helps o an ur hair will frizz mine did just dont bother doin it.

5. Re: A few questions - Soviva Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations