We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast at Riu Green Park

Norfolk
Level Contributor
16 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast at Riu Green Park

We are going here in March and my hubby loves his cooked breakfast. Do they provide bacon at the Green Park and are the eggs cooked to order. What is generally on offer at breakfast, is it good?

loughborough,England
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast at Riu Green Park

Hi bacon is hit and miss as muslim country sometimes its there then not always fried eggs large omlettes sliced, and boiled eggs i find the meals good but breakfast for me the least favourite no baked beans apart from harricot beans think they more for other nationalitys, always breads pastry's and cerial so plenty of choice.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
16 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast at Riu Green Park

Thanks for your reply, are you talking about the Green Park specifically or Muslim hotels in general/

loughborough,England
Level Contributor
139 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast at Riu Green Park

Havent staid in any other hotels in tunisia but muslims dont eat pork, but plenty of lamb chicken even beef, and plenty of fish,

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast at Riu Green Park

Just depends on different hotels.Ive stayed in 3 different hotels in PEK,not Riu Green Park though.Weve had baked beans,and chunks of smoked belly pork,and very thin smoked bacon fried,fried eggs,boiled eggs,omelettes,pancakes,scotch pancakes,doughnuts,fried potatos and decent sausages all for breakfast,and pork many times for evening meals.

wakefield uk
Level Contributor
238 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast at Riu Green Park

stayed at green park in september no bacon beans not like ours bit hard eggs bee cooked all time if you want a just cooked one just wait a while

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
3,002 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast at Riu Green Park

we stuck with cereals, double egg on toast with tomatoes, my daughter stuck with omlettes made to order with all sorts of fillings, very good they were to,

if the weather is good you can sit outside and eat.

they also had a good range of tea bags.

Edited: 17 February 2011, 22:15
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast at Riu Green Park

Muslims not eating pork is a complete myth.

Muslims don't drink alcohol either!

They don't abuse their bodies, ie smoking, either!

How can you tell whether bacon is pork bacon or not?

wakefield uk
Level Contributor
238 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breakfast at Riu Green Park

oh you can tell

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breakfast at Riu Green Park

Yeah, 4 years of pork deprivation in Saudi Arabia had me drooling everytime I got on that aeroplane back to civilisation!

It's amazing some of the ways that expats would attempt to [usually unsuccessfully] smuggle the stuff into the Kingdom.

Here's quite an amusing short blog:

…instablogs.com/entry/…

10. Re: Breakfast at Riu Green Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations