We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marhaba palace or Hotel Kanta Port El Kantoui

Which Port El Kantaoui hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
264 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Marhaba palace or Hotel Kanta Port El Kantoui

This seems to an hotel you either love or hate. I am deciding between the Hotel Kanta which recieved nearly all good reviews albeit from some small critisisms. Yet despite its luxorious appearance the Marhaba palace recieved mixed reviews with some really bad ones.I just wonder how one person can say something so terrible about a place and how the next person can find it so great. In conclusion I want a hotel that is safe, clean and relaxed for a young couple. Which of the two is the best?

Ballymoney, United...
Level Contributor
861 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marhaba palace or Hotel Kanta Port El Kantoui

The reason the reviews are so differing (imo) is that people are busy comparing to mainland Europe. They seem to forget that Tunisia is a developing county in Africa which the brits are just "discovering" in large numbers. So you wont get egg and bacon for breakfast (well in some hotels you will but its not like home) as breakfast is aimed at the germans, french and russians and as the majoriety of tourists are from mainland europe its understandable.

Hotels are impressive - from a distance. Its when you look close you realise they are old and tired, chipped tiles in bathrooms, darned carpets, peeling paint etc. But its been my experience that they are spotless and staff have always been most helpful in dealing with any problems.

A hotel is awarded stars differently then us. They get given stars because they are on the beach, have a pool, restuarant, hairdressers etc, not so much for the standard of food or service. Go 4* and expect a comfotable clean hotel and you shouldnt be dissapointed.

Both the hotels you mention are of a good standard and you should be fine in either of them

Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations