We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whats happening at the riveria ??

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Topic
whats happening at the riveria ??

Seems to be a few negative reviews on the Riveria Hotel at the moment- ? is this due to the time of year now the hotel is getting busier or are there other factors at work ? Can anyone shed any light on these negative reviews please

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,224 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whats happening at the riveria ??

Out of the last 30 reviews of the Riviera on TA

3 reviews have been negative

Enough said in my view,Gazza

Somerset, United...
Level Contributor
281 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: whats happening at the riveria ??

Thats very true cannot argue with that- at the end of the day its down to personal choice and I am a firm believer you only get out of a holiday what you are prepared to put in. Roll on august- happy holidays !

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,224 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whats happening at the riveria ??

Thats the spirit !:)

Enjoy your stay

London
Level Contributor
8,269 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: whats happening at the riveria ??

There seems to have been a spate of bad reviews last couple of months, gazza, about previously well respected hotels. It is only my opinion but I think time of year has a lot to do with it. The summer season opens up to more eastern european markets who tend not to visit during the off season months. Hotels are working at full capacity and judging from comments there does not seem a sufficient increase in staff to cope with this.

Most hotels have now adopted the AI system, especially in the summer months, which staff dislike. Therefore you probably do not get such enthusiastic service.

As I said this is only my opinion based on reviews appearing since start of high season.

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: whats happening at the riveria ??

Hi,

I'm going there tomorow ,wed. and i\ll tell u all in details .

Regards,

K P
London, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: whats happening at the riveria ??

Typical after we book this hotel for August all the bad reviews appear. Will go with an open mind. Fingers crossed it will be okay. When you go can you check out how much it is to eat out of the hotel just in case the food is as bad as people say.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,224 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: whats happening at the riveria ??

<ALL the bad reviews appear. >

Three :) ..Out of the last 30 reviews .

What about the positive ones;))

Believe the majority. Its a fine hotel

Edited: 10 July 2012, 13:27
London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: whats happening at the riveria ??

I find the bad reviews start to pop up as the Resorts get into Full Capacity and perhaps the facilities and staff get overused and can't give full attention.

I usually prefer to go away slightly off Season for this reason. Some guests get easily agitated and if not seen to straight away kick up Hell in some places, that's not to say there aren't bad places!

I see the RIU's are getting it in the neck at the moment too.

snooks

London
Level Contributor
8,269 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: whats happening at the riveria ??

Yes completely agree Snooky, that was the point I made. Hotels can be completely different off season as opposed to high season.The hotel that I tend to stay in Sousse during off peak times, have had no problems whatsoever. A friend of mine just returned from same hotel told me it is completely different during high season.

London UK
Level Contributor
2,448 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: whats happening at the riveria ??

I know a lot of people can't if they've got kids but if you can avoid School Holidays and especially July and August and that goes for almost anywhere.

Xmas can also be overwhelming in Hot Countries that time of year.

If you avoid those times you get better Service and Attention and with any luck a bit more space and choice of room.

We rarely if ever go away July/August - nothing but hassle.

snooks

Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations