We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP...Hotel Dilemma!!!

Which Port El Kantaoui hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
HELP...Hotel Dilemma!!!

Hi,

I am looking to book up to go to Port El Kantaoui at the beginning of June 2013 with my boyfriend. We are both in our mid 20's looking for a relaxing week by the pool/beach with good food on an all inclusive basis.

I have managed to narrow our choices down to the following 3 hotels booking through Thomsons:

Royal Kenz

Riu Bellevue Park, and

Riu Imperial Marhaba

I have read the reviews, most of which are good for each hotel and the prices are all around the same for each hence the reason we are struggling to pick one!

Which ones are 24 hour all inclusive in terms of drinks?

Best location in terms of sightseeing, trip into the town of Port El Kantaoui and boat trips etc?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP...Hotel Dilemma!!!

My Auntie stayed at Riu belleview, she totally recommends it, even to me but ive booked to stay at the Marhaba Palace in mid April.

All the hotels are very close by, walking distance to Marina of Port el Kantaoui.

Julie :-D

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP...Hotel Dilemma!!!

My Auntie stayed at Riu belleview, she totally recommends it, even to me but ive booked to stay at the Marhaba Palace in mid April.

All the hotels are very close by, walking distance to Marina of Port el Kantaoui. Dont think any are 24 hour all inc tho, just normal all inc, food and local wines, beers and spirits,hic,hic,hic.

Julie :-D

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP...Hotel Dilemma!!!

will let you know about riu bellevue arrive there tomorrow and come home on 12th

Norfolk
Level Contributor
22 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP...Hotel Dilemma!!!

I would thoroughly recommend the Bellevue. Have been there twice. The Imperial Marhaba is next door to the Bellevue.

The Kenz is nice but tends to attract older guests.

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
402 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP...Hotel Dilemma!!!

well got back from the belle vue on the 12th dec and got to say it was excellent. talking to people who were at the Kenz at the time there were only 70 guests there at the time and people were regretting staying there. the imperial marhaba next door looked very nice when we had a look round but some guests at the belle vue had stayed there last year and said they preffered the belle vue. in terms of going to the port all the hotels mentioned are within 200 yards of each other so there is nothing in it in terms of walking or taxi. we paid 6TD for a taxi back from the port which @ 2.4TD to the £ was under £3. and going in june should be fairly kid free.

sunderland
Level Contributor
179 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP...Hotel Dilemma!!!

ive been to tunisia 4 times now ,royal kenz was a poor hotel ,and its the only hotel ive been bad when in tunisia .there were loads of people bad from the food when we were there .may have changed but there are much beter hotels in tunisia .

England
Level Contributor
23 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP...Hotel Dilemma!!!

Hi

Just wondered what you decided as I've booked Riu imperial marhaba for march. I'm also in mid 20's and looking for something for me and my boyfriend. We were torn between the bellevue and the imperial marhaba so was intrigued to know what you'd gone for?!

sunderland
Level Contributor
179 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP...Hotel Dilemma!!!

having stayed in 4 hotels in kantaoui ,please pay the extra 2o quid or so and go to an iberostar or a riu .all other hotels water down the drink too much .stayed at an iberostar before and much stronger drink.just been to to riviera and was not drunk all week.very poor drink at that hotel.riu belle vue has a really good name .probably the best hotel around kantaoui

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP...Hotel Dilemma!!!

Did you ever realised that some people go in holiday to relax and their aim is not to get drunk !!!!

sunderland
Level Contributor
179 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP...Hotel Dilemma!!!

yes i did know that ,but some people like to have a drink ,i didnt mean get falling down throwing up drunk ,but i think everyone knows what i mean .it would be nice to go to a hotel and taste a strong drink instead of watered down .

Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations