We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

port el kantoui or yasmine hammamet/hammamet

birmingham
Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
Save Topic
port el kantoui or yasmine hammamet/hammamet

advice needed please as its our first time to Tunisia which would be the best area for us

Wiltshire
Destination Expert
for Sousse, Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,099 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: port el kantoui or yasmine hammamet/hammamet

They are both very good. But we prefer Port El Kantoui because should you wish its easy to get to Sousse or Monastir plus El Jem Roman arena. When you arrive at the Tunisian airport change some GB cash say£25 to get started.You can change more any time at your hotel or any bank the rates are the same.Hire a safe deposit box at your hotel for All your cash.Tickets>Passports unused jewelry you can get to the box any time to get what you may need for the day ahead. Although the staff will not steal from you room other guests might so do not keep any valuables in your room when you are not there

Edited: 06 May 2013, 17:51
UK
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: port el kantoui or yasmine hammamet/hammamet

From experience, I would suggest Port El Kantaoui. Stayed in Yasmine Hammamet last year and was disappointed by the rather sad state of the resort due to lack of maintenance. Also found the beach rather dirty.

Have stayed in Port El Kantaoui twice and found the quality of the resort to be much better - well maintained resort with a good choice of bars, cafes and restaurants. Also has a much nicer beach.

Enjoy!

Stowmarket, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: port el kantoui or yasmine hammamet/hammamet

I would agree yasmine is looking rather worn out, PEK is fresher, ofc both feel very false, if you know what I mean.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,206 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: port el kantoui or yasmine hammamet/hammamet

Been to both resorts a number of times .Enjoyed our times there

My preference ( really because its closer to Sousse,) is Port el Kantaoui

Edited: 07 May 2013, 09:20
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
3,937 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: port el kantoui or yasmine hammamet/hammamet

Another vote for PEK

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: port el kantoui or yasmine hammamet/hammamet

Port el Kantaoui has defo got my vote too.lol.

Julie x

7. Re: port el kantoui or yasmine hammamet/hammamet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations