We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entry forms

jessieengland2
Level Contributor
118 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Entry forms

Do Thomas cook still give entry forms out on the plane thanks

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entry forms

Im not sure about TC but our Thomson flight didnt in April but theres lots of cards available to write out just before passport control, take a few with you for when you come back to Tunisia again, i did, lol, mines filled out already for my return in December.

Julie

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entry forms

Thomas cook didnt give them on my flight last june, however when i went back in september (also thomas cook) they did give them out. So im not sure theres a definate answer to that.

Bring a pen in your hand luggage so you can fill them out while queueing at passport control.

suffolk
Level Contributor
236 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entry forms

Hi

when we flew in may with thomas cook to tunisia we were give entry cards to fill on on the plane.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Entry forms

It's a freebie service that the airlines provide.

Usually they'll have the cards, but sometimes they won't, and sometimes they will but they won't have enough.

If you are given a card on the aircraft you'll need your passport details, so make sure you've got it handy and not buried somewhere in the overhead locker.

And like Lily says, the important thing is to have a pen handy to complete the card.

London
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Entry forms

I have always had cards handed out on flight but obviously there are occasions when they will not. It could be case of simply running out of stock, change of aircraft and cards not loaded or cabin crew not aware landing cards are needed.

A couple of years ago, a passenger requested a landing card. The stewardess was quite adamant landing cards were not needed. Only after few more passengers insisted they were did she look and find the required cards. So its worth asking the cabin crew if not handed out voluntary. Cabin crew are not always aware of various countries entry requirements.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Entry forms

I booked with TC in my local town and asked the girls in the shop about these cards as we haven't been to Tunisia before but they had never heard of them. I found this very strange.

Luckily I've read about them on here so will be fully equipped with pens and passports.

Cheers

Di.

London
Level Contributor
8,718 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Entry forms

I wouldn't expect any travel agency staff to know about landing cards - it is beyond their rather limited travel knowledge. Have always needed landing cards for majority of non E.U. countries visited.

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
804 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Entry forms

My first trained occupation was as a travel agent. We would never know these things unless we travelled to the country ourselves.

Its not a big deal if they arent given out on the plane though as plenty are available in the airport with ledges for leaning on while writting.

PS i never book holidays with travel agents now, they usually only know what is writen in the brochure. Its all in the enthusiasism for the sale. Booking online cuts the crap and often gives a discount.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Entry forms

We travelled in June with Thomas Cook and were not given the cards but most of the other flights arriving had been given them. It was a bit chaotic in the very busy arrivals hall with everyone scrambling about looking for the cards and trying to find a space to fill them in. There were only two of us and we were equipped with pens but some other pour souls had two or three kids in tow and there were also people in wheelchairs etc. looking rather stressed out. We lifted a couple of forms for future use. They hardly gave the forms a second glance.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,849 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Entry forms

You can also put the information you need in your mobile and do the mobile on 'airplane mode'... saves you keeping your passport with you all the time on the plane

Basicly you need only the number and the dates, suppose you can remember were you got it from.

Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations