We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui - Advice

Which Port El Kantaoui hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui - Advice

Morning all,

I'm arriving at this hotel on Saturday with friend, just wondering whether anyone has any tips for this hotel? I've read a whole mixed bag of reviews so abit nervous about what to expect.. got a few questions..

What is the food like? We are all inclusive, should we prepare to eat out alot at the Marina?

Does this hotel have hairdryers and irons in the rooms?

What is the cleanliness standards here? Are they many mozzies/crawlies?

Which floor/side of the hotel would be the best to stay in?

How far is the hotel from the Marina or Sousse?

Sorry for all the questions - we just want to be prepared!

Thank you all!

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui - Advice

Hi Pancakes , I'm not much help to you sorry , but can you let me know how your holiday goes as I am looking at this hotel and would like to listen to what you think about it - thanks, and enjoy.

Redruth
Level Contributor
348 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui - Advice

Hi Pancakes

Assuming you don't mean the el mouradi club or palace (always some confusion on the reviews) then I have stayed here 6 times and am going again on the 22nd Sept for 2 weeks. It is not 4 stars but an acceptable three. the rooms are clean and maid service everyday. Some rooms have been redecorated some need it but you really only sleep there, bathrooms can be a bit dated but ok. The food has always been fine - i ate 14 different main courses last time - just be brave and try something different as it is local dishes and continental dishes for the most part. Waiting staff are great if you are polite and give them some respect and have a bit of fun with them - tips help lol - We never queued for a drink ever as the waiters will get them for you even by the pool if you train them right! A holiday is always what you make it so ignore the reviews and have a great time.

No hairdryers or irons in rooms when we went but I think you can hire.

Never seen or been bitten by mozzies ever here.

Do not accept a room on the front of the hotel unless you want to bake as the sun beats on this from 12noon till sun set. Had rooms on all other aspects with no issues. May be a bit of noise if overlooking the entertainment area but this stops 1130 to 12.00 ish anyway.

20 min walk to the marina and sousse is better by taxi - just outside main gate.

Click on my profile and check my review from last year.

Any more qustions let me know.

Steve

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui - Advice

Good advice from the boy from 'druth there Pancakes, especially about people getting confused if its El Mouradi Palace, Club, Beach, dishwasher, Car, or whatever, lol. Its the same for The Marhabas too, lol.

Im sure you will have a great time.

Julie

cheshire
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui - Advice

Hi I have stayed in the el mouradi palace last year and also the el mouradi club kantoui. Ime going back to the el mouradi palace on the 14th sept for two weeks. The rooms are spacious and they do have a hair dryer in the bathroom. Housekeeping will lend you an iron. Never been bit by Mosquitoes. Some rooms are better than others so if your not happy with the room you are given. Reception will try and find you an alternative. El mouradi palace is fairly quiet hotel compared with the club kantoui which is very big and always full. Also thomsons use that hotel so you get more British holidaymakers going. I have enjoyed going to either hotels and never had any complaints this is my fourth time. So I must like it!!!, have a great holiday.

Kettering, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui - Advice

Hi Pancakesx :) We are getting there Saturday to!

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui - Advice

Thank you so much for all your replies!

Steve thank you for your detailed reply - all my questions covered!

I will write a review when i come back =)

Can't wait! Nicole - I'll probably see you there! We've booked the 2 day Sahara explorer with TC too will let you know how that goes

Thanks =)

Kettering, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui - Advice

We're flying from Stanstead tomorrow PM, beyond excited! You won't be able to miss us i'll be the hyper nutcase!

Hope you have a great hol! =)

Redruth
Level Contributor
348 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui - Advice

Hi Pancakes

No problem. Pleased to help.

Can you find out the reception email address and let me know as somebody else needs it to try and make sure they are ground floor due to mobility issues.

Have a great time!

I dont want to wish your holiday away but I can't wait for mine in 2 weeks!!!!!!

Steve

9. Re: El Mouradi Port El Kantaoui - Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations