We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air conditioning September/October

London, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Air conditioning September/October

I have mentioned this in another post but not wanted to make sure people see this but and answer it as it's one of my main concerns! Looking at hotels in pek for last week of September/first week of October and I keep seeing the same thing- air conditioning (mid June-mid September)

We will be taking our 18 month old so I really want air con for the night times if nothing else. Do the hotels stick to these dates as a rule? Is this common??

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air conditioning September/October

The air con is a goverment run thing, set by them. Saving the planet and all that.

You may usually get the air con in most hotels til mid October.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,694 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air conditioning September/October

About the A/C we was in Tunisia in September for two weeks and it overlapped into October. We had A/C the whole of the time we were there. And it was needed temps into the 37 c

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air conditioning September/October

Yes it maybe still hot then but at night it can go quite cool.

I had temps of 27 deg C in April and evenings it was hovering around 20, really didnt need the air con, even during the day.

Scotland
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air conditioning September/October

We went the first week in May last year and air con was on, temps were about 30-32 degrees so needed it but not at night as Juliemoomoo says as it does get a little chilly.

Normally go mid September and have air con on low.

Edited: 23 February 2014, 15:05
Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air conditioning September/October

When I was in Tunisia last 3 years in september the airco was working.

I never used it because it only works when you are in the room - as soon as you take the keycard out it stopped working. Hate it when it blows while I'm in bed so left it off.

Was about 32 degrees when I was there, never had any problem with sleeping in the night, left window and terrace door open, it cooled down to an agreable 23 degrees during the night.

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,951 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air conditioning September/October

i think its a hit and miss thing when it comes to air con just out of season,

we stayed at the Riviera last May and it was off, we didn,t need it as it was still warm overnight, during the day we were out, stayed at the Abu Sofiane the year before in September and their's was off,

i think hotels have their own date's when it is switched on and off

alan

7. Re: Air conditioning September/October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations