We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels

Which Port El Kantaoui hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Falkirk
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels

My partner and I are thinking of booking a hotel in Port el Kantaoui and would like one quite central to everything, All Inclusive and have looked at El Kantaoui Center (which I think was Vincci El Kantaoui) and also Dessole Abou Sofiane. Can anyone give us information on these hotels or recommend a good hotel in this area. What is the weather like in September. Many thanks, Kathy

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels

Hi Kathie,

Been to Abou sofaine and had a great time but went to Bellevue this April were we preferred as the food was excellent along with the drinks. September we experienced several drunk/rude Russians in Abou. It is nearer the port though and has a disco open till 02.00. In the Bellevue we saw none and apparently they do not go to this hotel according to the staff.

Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels

Hotel Marhaba Palace is lovely.

5 minute walk to the marina and fountain and all the shops and cafes and restaurants.

Im going back for 3rd stay there (at end of September) since last April.

Weather is still quite hot in September

Julie

Edited: 24 April 2014, 15:38
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels

Forgot to mention about the weather, As Julie said it's still quite hot and we had a couple of days last September peaking 37c. Hot enough I think. Most days were around 28c

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
355 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels

Hi, we usually stay at the Riviera which is located behind the Sofaine and enjoyed our holidays there, but since last September has been taken over by the dessole group, so you may need to read current reviews.

Another hotel which I would return to is the Diar el Andalous which is down the same street as the sofaine but the other side of the road, with direct access to the beach and about 15 mins walk to the marina.

As mentioned above reguarding the weather we stayed the first two week in September last year and it was very warm, although there were a couple of impressive lightening storms at night and one night of rain.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
398 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels

Hi we stayed at the marahaba palace and liked it,it was central to shops and port .were looking at the Dessole Abou Sofiane Resort because of the flight times but not sure what to do.

Falkirk
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels

Thanks for your response. We booked the Abou Sofiane last night so now looking forward to going.

Falkirk
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels

Do you have an e-mail address for Dessole Abou Sofiane. Thanks Kathy

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,191 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels

Kathy

Here you go ;-)

ABOU SOFIANE - BP 55, Hammam Sousse, 4089 Port El Kantaoui -

Tunisia

Tel : (00216) 73.246.480

Fax : (00216) 73.246.490

web : www.dessolehotels.com

e-mail : booking.tunisia@dessolehotels.com

Lots of more information on the website

Enjoy Tunisia

Slainte

Mick

Edited: 29 April 2014, 09:35
Level Contributor
4,793 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels

Kathy

When are you going?

If its not for a while and if you send email requests they most probably havnt got your details of your stay as yet from your tour operator if you have booked through them and not booked through the hotel direct.

Dont be surprised if you dont get a reply either, requests are usually noted but no reply given.

I would email hotel now if you want then again about 3 weeks before you are due to stay.

Julie

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,202 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels

Kathy, email them about a month before you travel as I did requesting a sea view that we got on the second floor, they did email me back after a week. I was told some of the ground floor rooms are a bit damp.

Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations