We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adults only

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
Adults only

Can someone tell me if the Royal Kenz is now adults only or not? I undertood that when it became a Platinum hotel it was reverting to being for adults ony, however a recent review says there were 80 children there when she stayed.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,619 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adults only

Belleview park is a Platinum hotel but we still had children and had a kids club. Did not bother me though.

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adults only

It is only Thomson that will sell it as adult only, over the age of 16 i believe.

Any company that sells a holiday as 'adult' only is just from that company, nothing stopping the actual hotel booking children to stay there, Thomson are just minimising the hotel having children.

Thats what i was told by Thomson.

Platinum hotels by Thomson are just 4T or 5T rated by customers, not star ratings of hotels, that have stayed at said hotels, with the benefits of extra luggage, 20 or 23kg hold and usually 7kg hand luggage.

Edited: 03 May 2014, 16:22
Scotland
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adults only

Sadly no it's not adults only but seemingly there are talks going on to revert back to it.

Hasn't been adults only for 2-3 years and should be being sold as adult 'focussed'.

Personally, I wouldn't take kids there as absolutely nothing for them to do and balconies etc not safe for younger kids.

Only adult only hotel under Thomson's is just outside Sousse think it's called Couple Sousse or there's the Sentido Aziza at Hammamet under Thomas Cook.

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adults only

And a lot of platinum hotels come with Thomson kids clubs too.

So if a hotel is being sold in the UK as adult only by Thomson, that means its sold to over 16/18 years.

Platinum does NOT mean adult only.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,619 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adults only

Well the kids were 3, 4,5,7 all ages in our hotel. British German Tunisian Belgium French. + other nationalities.

Scotland
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adults only

Should have said that Royal Kenz only became Platinum at start of May and not before. Seen some reviews written in April mentioning Platinum status.

Friends are leaving this week and go regularly so are going to let me know how much has changed as we're due to go in September.

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adults only

Yes Bladesboy because its platinum, not Adult only, and other tour operators sell the hotel not just Thomson.

newcastle
Level Contributor
813 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adults only

I'm off tomorrow so I will let you know :) I booked after being told it was adults only....won't be happy if there are loads of kids.....nothing against them I might add! But I want some peace and quite after a stressfull year!

Gill

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adults only

Like i said Gill, Thomson may have sold the holiday as 'Adult' only but it does not stop hotel owners selling the holiday to families, or other tour operators in Europe or elsewhere.

Thomson just minimise the amount of kiddies that will be there.

If the Royal Kenz sell as Adult only then thats different, it will be just that.

Im sure you will be fine.

Julie

thornaby on tees
Destination Expert
for Port El Kantaoui
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Adults only

thomson state 'many Platinum hotels are for adults only, this means we don't take booking for under 16s',

they now state a dress code for the Kenz in the brochure, ' gentlemen are required to wear long trouser's to dinner',

alan

Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations