We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money

Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How much money

I'm sorry that this has been asked before but I thought that this was easier than trialling through lots of posts. I'm going AI for 11 nights with my husband and I'm planning on doing the El Jem trip. I know this is £22 each on the Thomson website, but other than this I wondered how much cash I should take. I plan on tipping and maybe taking a wander into the marina in an evening.

Burnley
Level Contributor
741 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much money

We are going for 2 weeks, we wont be doing any trips but would like a couple of meals and a few drinks out plus plenty of tipping and hiring safety deposit box, we are taking £300. We took the same last year and came home with about 80 although we only had 1 meal out. Hope this helps

Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much money

Hi, that is a help. Thanks very much.

Burnley
Level Contributor
741 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much money

I think if you took £250 and a debit card you'll be fine

dundee
Level Contributor
310 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much money

I partied every night, tipped, ate out numerous times , visited Tunis, shopped in Zara all on £400

Mentioned in this post
Tunis
Tunis
Tunis Governorate, Tunisia
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,904 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much money

Got to admit it's quite hard to spend a lot unless your doing lots of trips and eating out every day. We went first time A/I took £500 and brought most of it back. Did tip a lot too and spent some in the port and on the pirate trip. Also you do spend a bit in the airport going and on the return. Second time we took £300 still brought some back but this is about right.

cambridge
Level Contributor
591 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much money

We have just been out there for 10 days HB, I took £300 and brought back just over £100, as we have been going for years so we have done the trips and there is nothing I really want to buy, so ours was spent on taxis, lunch out/by pool, coffee in the port in the evenings with friends, I did treat myself to a new bag in Oscars but as he knows me the boss gave me a 20 dinar discount, also treated myself to a cocktail in the bar in the evening, and I spent £47 on the plane on cigs, and we tip the maid at the end and our waiter nightly. That was just me dont know how much OH spent, but the exchange rate was 2.70 dinar on our last day I know he changed £100 for next time, as most probaly about sept time the rate will have come down a fair bit.

kent
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How much money

this may sound silly but myself and my hubby are looking to go this friday, we will be all inclusive and will only be taking approx £300 will this be enough? also how much do you tip?

Level Contributor
4,795 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much money

Jan

How long are you there for?

Im sure £300 will be plenty, altho i take a debit card too just in case i need more money.

We spent just over £150 in two weeks last April and thats with a day trip to Carthage, Sidi Bou Said etc which worked out at £77 for the two of us.

Tip 1 or 2 Dinar a time is fine, about 35 to 70p.

Altho its up to you.

Julie

Edited: 24 June 2014, 19:10
Level Contributor
57 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How much money

Since I started this, I'll answer this now I'm back! We did three half day trips, bought a few bits and pieces and we tipped our waiter and cleaning lady, pool guy etc and we spent £250. Oh, and we went to watch the football and bought a few drinks. Everything is so cheap!

WARRINGTON
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How much money

you state tip ip 1 or 2 Dinar a time is fine, about 35 to 70p. Will they accept £1 coins for the first couple of days till we get our exchanged as I understand we can only take English over there & change to Dinar over there. thanks

Get answers to your questions about Port El Kantaoui
Recent Conversations